Monday 21 April 2008

Review: My Fave Fruit Rojak Stall in TTDI

Look out for this mini van along Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 1. It's usually parked in front of 7-11 (the road besides KFC).

TTDI Rojak Stall

This wonder mini van serves excellent fruit rojak and tauhu bakar (stuffed tofu)! We loved the rojak here simply because of the fragrant rojak sauce with the right amount of belacan in it. Mixed together with various sliced fruits like cucumber, turnip, young papaya, guava, raw mangoes, water apple (jambu air) and pineapple. Serving together were slices of deep fried yau char kwai (crullers) and topped with chopped roasted peanut plus a huge slice of crispy homemade keropok!!! We usually opt out the sotong as we think it doesn't compliment the simple fruits combination.

TTDI Rojak

The combi is just great and irresistable each time we passed by Taman Tun Dr Ismail in the afternoon. Forgot how much but I think the usual portion is right about RM4.00.


Technorati Tags:

17 comments:

  1. This looks like everything I could ever want in a rojak, except cucur udang, which I once had in a rojak, but dont remember where from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iv passed this a lot and noticed it.. but didn't think to stop! thanks for the tip.. its definitely worth tryin then. 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah.. i have not had this type of rojak for years. i don't think we can find this type of rojak near our office, can we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cucur udang in fruit rojak, hazza???

    cumi & ciki, you must try one day, am sure you'll get hooked by it. be warned!

    ;-) ling239

    mamabok, any chance to find the sauce in Asian foodstores?

    yozora, i think jalan alor got one on wednesdays but need to confirm the day :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does not matter cucumber or fruits combo, I must have You Char Kwai in my rojak :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TTDI seems to have a lot of good rojak. There's a good Pasembur rojak not far from here too. I think it's opposite the Petronas station in TTDI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum! I like the addition of the keropok too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious wor, babe. Hahaa... Kinda missed having rojak. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed on this stall! Rojak is a blast here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy yummy! Aiyoh! Looking at all the foody pic here made me feel so hungry!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are making me soo hungry am drooling here. Is this the same lorry that has been there for years and years? My favourite aunt lives behind that row of shops - the Zaaba area so we used to go to that particular rojak buah a lot! My balik kampung to eat list is getting longer and longer. I miss the nasi lemak and the apam balik in TTDI too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chinese style of rojak...a lot lot of fruits....

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey tigerfish, me too!

    ahh yesss simon.. kader rojak ;-) need to dig out those pics and post up

    daphne, keropok is a must! add some crunch to it

    twosuperheroes, this rojak is a must try when you're around TTDI

    yes yes yes kenny!!! aww man...

    haha horny angmoh, thanks for visiting

    yes lisa, its the same van, same uncle but now his daughter is manning the van now. uncle will go round in his 3 wheelers!

    yes mimi, you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the keropok and I always asked for extra. Sedapnye..... drooling, drooling.... drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agree... this is THE BEST Penang fruit rojak in town.

    Just ate it last Sat ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012