Tuesday 2 August 2005

Review: Nippon Tei Japanese Restaurant

I went to KLCC recently after work to pick up a pair of shoes but I ended up with nearly 2 pairs hahaha if not one of them have a little flaw, it would have been 2 pairs sighhh... a pair of Dorothy Perkins trousers, a couple of tees for boiboi and a Blue's School book for boiboi's Powertouch. Once hubby was done with his appointment with his client, he headed over to meet me.

Since I had bread for lunch I was feeling hungry already so he suggested the 4th Floor Food Court. Once we reached up there he was like.... hmmm feel like eating noodles... let's go Rain Nudle, urrghhh which is some place I don't really fancy coupled with a real life "siew keong" (long story.... there is a Hong Kong film that named a cockroach, Siew Keong) story. I protested and we ended up with the all familar Nippon Tei.

Nippon Tei located on the 4th floor of KLCC has always been one of our regular choice of restaurant. It's fast and reasonabily priced too. However, one might need to wait for a table during peak hours. They'll give out number to you and you just need to wait for your number to be called. So far we have yet to have waited more than 20 minutes. Service is rather attentive but could go down hill when they're really busy.

We decided to order 2 different set of food so that we can share the mains. This is what I had... Teppanyaki Chicken set (RM23.00) that came with the usual pickles, salad, miso soup, rice and the teppanyaki chicken in a hotplate. I liked this a lot as the chicken is very tender and the sauce that came with it is really tasty. The accompanying beans sprout, green bell pepper (capsicum) and cabbage was fried to the right texture.



Hubby's asked for Salmon Shioyaki set (RM23.00) which is not on the menu but the manager obliged with his order. Typical taste but I gasak (stole all in Malay) all the crispy skin hehehe... Really kesian (sympathise in Malay) him cos he had wanted to dig into his lovely fish when I called out "Wait" and start fiddling with my digicam hahaha. Sorry love for being patient with me as he said "Haiyah you and your blog grrrrrr...".



Nippon Tei offers quite a number of set menu and they're really worth the price, just that don't expect hotel kinda Japanese restaurant standard. With this kinda pricing, it beats Sushi King or Genki Sushi all the time. Green tea and plain water are complimentary.

Nippon Tei Japanese Restaurant
Lot 426/427 4th Floor Suria KLCC
Tel: 03-2161 4178

5 comments:

  1. babe,

    Yummy!! Looks good. Have always wanted to visit nippon teh. But when at the top floor in KLCC always end up heading to Genki Sushi, Mdm Kwan or Spring Garden.

    Sounds like you had quite an 'experience' at Rain Nudle.

    Cheers,
    -Makan Kings-

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo, i think you are not alone

    makan kings, do give Nippon Tei a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. "fiddling with digicam" LOL

    It's becoming a habit with me too, to take a quick snap of everything we order at restaurants, just in case... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. julian, so its the reverse is it?? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012