Thursday 3 April 2008

Review: Kafe Pat Kin Pat Sun

One evening, hubby managed to picked me up early since he was in town to meet his client. On the way home, he said he was hungry. Since we were about to reach Taman Shamelin, I suddenly recalled Shaolin Tiger posted about a western restaurant in the vicinity. As I wasn't sure where is the place nor the name of the place, I used hubby's N95 and the 3G service to check into Shaolin Tiger's page on this place. Finally found the details almost the same time we saw the shop front - Kafe Pat Kin Pat Sun! Thank goodness for technology ;-)

The menu is very extensive. You can find western grubs, some local fare and lots of those common Hong Kong style food. There is a long list of drinks choices too. I had a small juice of carrot, apple and orange (RM3.80) which came in a tall glass. Now this is certainly value for money as the juice doesn't taste diluted. Hubby had a glass of Honey Green Tea (RM3.50).

Hubby ordered the Baked Potato Skin With Chicken Mushroom and Cheese (RM10.90) which came 2 potato halves topped with chicken meat cooked with onions and button mushroom slices in brown sauce and finished with grated cheese. They're surprisingly tasty but I think it's a tad expensive for just 2 pieces of these babies.

PKPS - baked potato skin with chicken mushroom & cheese RM10.90

I ordered a Fried Carribean Topped with Tomato with Mozarella Cheese Gratinated (RM14.90) which is basically deep fried breaded chicken thigh topped with tomato slices and a piece of ham with some gratinated cheese over them. They've flattened the chicken piece and made the portion look so huge. It's longer than the fork! Actually I had ordered wrongly cos I usually would have opted grilled chicken but I was too quick to name out the number to the waitress. When I realised my mistake, it was too late. I don't like deep fried breaded stuff hahaha but anyway I have to say this chicken is not bad after I removed the breaded batter :p

PKPS - Fried carribean topped with tomato with mozarella cheese gratinated RM14.90

Hubby, the predicted one, ordered Cheese Baked Rice with Pork Chop (RM12.80). I'm not sure why he always order this whenever he sees it on the menu. I asked him and he said he just wanna compare and see which shop have the best *roll eyes*! This one he complained, the fried rice underneath is too plain and bland.

PKPS - Cheese baked rice with pork chop RM12.80 PKPS - Cheese baked rice with pork chop - the rice underneath

With the kind of prices, I totally understand why Kafe Pat Kin Pat Sun was rather packed even though it was not even 7pm. The food in summary is generally good and definitely value for money. Our total bill came to RM50.50 after adding in 5% service charge and 5% Government tax.


Kafe Pat Kin Pat Sun
111G-115G, Jalan 1/91
Taman Shamelin Perkasa
Cheras 56100
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-9283 1929
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 11.00am - 2.00am
Sat, Sun and Public Holidays 8.00am - 2.00am

11 comments:

  1. The Baked Potato Skin With Chicken Mushroom and Cheese looks delish but maybe a tad mahal just for two pieces? Still, they all look pretty yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.. the Baked Potato Skin really looks yummy..too bad they are rather expensive, else I don't mind just eating this and only this and followed by desserts (whatever they are selling will do)..can totally skip the mains..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. melted cheez luks yum ... isn't all that food rather filling tho?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Value for money.. i'll have to say... :) about $20 canadian.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. good pricing! That potato skin gave me an idea for lunch on a lazy weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... cheese rice.... why KL.. y not Penang..... geram :(

    haha... but still will get one day to go KL sapu all the nice food...

    hi,, I am huat Koay from Penangtuapui.com ..

    nice food blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. still yet to explore but looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember if I ventured into Shamelin before :S

    ReplyDelete
  9. look slike guys will be guys . . . .i do the same too order the prok chop rice almost all HK style Cafe . . . lolz . .but its true, I tends to compare . . . . .duh !

    ReplyDelete
  10. actually kenny its very mahal la the potatoes but lucky its delish

    ;-) yozora but i doubt they would hv nice desserts

    yes cumi&ciki, i can't finish mine

    haha mamabok come back and spend here ok

    ya ya daphne, me too

    thanks penang tua pui. penang no hong kong style cafe??

    BBO, can try if you're around there

    u need a car to go there jason :p

    aiks ya ke mike hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did order that Baked Potato Skin With Chicken Mushroom and Cheese, it was really yummy!!! It's really close to my Church =P You should try dim sum

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012