Wednesday 27 August 2008

Review: Happy Grass - Fruit Bean Curd Pudding Powder

I've seen packets and packets of these silver foiled packs at most of the baking supply shops. I've ignored them all these while until one day my hubby kpc (busy body) and picked up one packet and ask me what are those. I gave him "that look", as if he's illiterate! Later, he took one and place inside the basket and it was this...

Happy Grass - Fruit Bean Curd Pudding Powder(Mango Flavoured)

It's actually Happy Grass - Fruit Bean Curd Pudding Powder Mango Flavour. Inside this packet contained 2 packs of powder. The larger pack is the pudding whilst the smaller pack is citrus acid. Just follow the instructions by adding additional evaporated milk and sugar which are quite easy and after chilling, they turned out looking like this...

Happy Grass - Fruit Bean Curd Pudding (Mango Flavoured)

The texure of this pudding is very very smooth and silky, almost tau foo far like. They're not very sweet and the mango flavour is rather subtle which is just nice. I've used up half of them and the other half, I intend to add in nata de coco and mango cubes (if I can find mango now). I guess I will be buying more of these!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! I love the heart shape mould too. If only they sell this.. such a nice summery dessert as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Happy Grass brands...this is just so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the heart.. heart the heart! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i havent tried this one...i love instant pudding mixes hehehe i'll keep an eye when shopping around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww daphne, you can get the plastic moulds easily in KL

    i heart you ciki!!

    rita, i hope you can find these in HK

    ya ya mimi, close one eye oso can make huh? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh this is dadih made from soya bean??? I tasted it when I visited some pasar malam. The seller told me is yogurt(???) I asked him if he's sure it's yogurt bcos it doesn't tastes like yogurt at all. Also, I read some recipes in some BM recipe books asked for dadih in curry... maybe he doesn't want to disclose his recipe or in this case form the pre-mix? :-P

    PS. Love your blog & recipes!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. pixen, i was confused too when i read the packaging. these are not yoghurt and i've no idea why they're known as dadih. to me this is like some kind of jelly pudding... i'm awfully confused :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trust the asians to come up with something like this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mamabok, over here... macam-macam ada :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012