Thursday 28 August 2008

Citrus Yoghurt Muffins

By far this is one of the most delicious and delectable muffins I've ever made! The citrusy tang and fragrance was absolutely addictive. They doesn't look very attractive though, pretty pale and the top doesn't brown evenly like normal muffins. This recipe is definitely a must keep!

Citrus Yoghurt Muffins

Citrus Yoghurt Muffins

(A)
200g flour
175g caster sugar (I've reduced this so adjust to your taste)
1 tbsp each grated lemon zest, lime zest and orange zest
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt

(B)
225ml fat-free plain yoghurt
115ml sunflower oil
1 lightly beaten egg

Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tray.

In a bowl combine (A) thoroughly. In another bowl, mix (B) until well blended. Add the flour mixture until well combined, do not overmix.

Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven and cool for 5 mins. Then remove muffins from pan and serve warm.

Ref: 500 Cupcakes & Muffins, By Fergal Connolly book (published by PageOne Publishing)

Citrus Yoghurt Muffins - inside


Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. I love muffin, but I only know how to bake banana muffin.
    Yours look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the purpose add in yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm yummers!!! Looks good and I am drooling @ the idea of the taste... My favourite combo will try this. I love anything with Lemon hahaha you should see my bathroom ;-)
    My favourite lemon cake is Ina Garten's should post the recipe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mark, once you get the basics, you can vary the ingredients. just need to experiment a bit :D

    mimi, the yoghurt is to moisten the batter as this recipe contains very little egg

    lisa, i love lemon too :p but only on my food and drinks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. babe,
    you msut try shower gel or/and shampoos with lemon... ORGASMIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh huh, mamabok, pass the recipe to yr MIl and ask her to make for you :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012