Wednesday 6 June 2007

Little "fill-in-the-blank" Tea Cake Variations

Based on the Plum Tea Cake recipe, I did some variations to the basic batter.

First, I have a Mango version... on top of the supposedly fan-shaped mango slices, I've also chopped some mangoes and mixed into the batter. This version is slightly chewy on the inside due to the chopped mangoes. Utterly delish!

Mango Teacake

Next, a Little Chocolate Chips Tea Cake which is basically batter topped with chocolate chips. My boiboi lurve these...

Little Chocolate Chips Tea Cake

I've also scooped some cream cheese in, to make it Little Cream Cheese Filled Tea Cake but looks like I didn't scoop in enough cheese to make it "full of fillings"! Could be better with more cheese.

Little Cream Cheese Filled Tea Cake

So have you had enough of these babies???


Sidenotes:

I've met Paprika of So Much Food, So Little Stomach for lunch just now. I didn't managed to chat with her at Sandias, so we got on to get to know each other, then shared some tips here and there, PLUS she gave me a fresh from the oven Eggless Chocolate Cupcake. Omigosh, a whiff of super chocolatey smell came out when I opened the ziplock bag. I'm saving it up for later since I'm so stuffed with our lunch. What we have for lunch? It will be in a separate post later on...

Hey Paprika, it's great to know you and thank you so much for the delicious treat!

Technorati Tags: +

12 comments:

  1. Oh my... Mango tea cake... I am having my tea now... but just seeing the cake on screen... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. mark!!! i nearly chuckled out loud seeing your comment :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey what about bacon and ham versions? or sardine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hvnt tried any savoury versions yet lanatir. well maybe one day. you wanna be the guinea pig??

    ReplyDelete
  5. all your bakes makes me miss my oven... =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babe, can share the recipe? :) I just bought some white mini muffin cups and am itching to use them! You have my email, right? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya sure! make sure got crispy onion and chilli padi bits in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. teckiee, get a new one??

    jackson, easy peasy hehehe

    all right kat, check your mail later today

    lanatir, of course! how can i forget cili padi for u

    ReplyDelete
  9. my wife love to come to ur site...she say it's good for her health as she can see, but kenot eat, good for diet!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh beautiful cup cakes...I thought only LA denizens love cup cakes...seems like it's catchin on in your home too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. babe, you really "keng"! da little chocolate chips version very very nice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. aiyoyo stupe!!! wait, i'll get some healthy sweets next time

    bee yinn, i think so but i've making them for a while, more like for convenience sake :p

    meiyen, just use some creativity of yours to churn out the different variations just like you did with the cheesecake recipe

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012