Tuesday 9 September 2008

Black Bean Soup Triumphed

Remember my call for votes in the contest over at Delicious Asian Food???

PabloPabla had just announced the winner for the contest and my entry of Black Bean Soup was voted as the winner!

ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 02 16.27


Since the start of the voting exercise I was made aware by some techie friends that repeated voting can be done and they did just that which was why you guys suddenly see a soar of votes. I've alerted PabloPabla about this and pledged that since this is no fair play, IF I ever win this contest, I will donate the whole amount to an orphanage.

Anyway, PabloPabla did filtered out those multiple votes and somehow I still managed to garner enough votes to be on top. Thank you so much for all of you who have voted for my entry. I appreciated that a lot and I will honour my pledge.

Your votes have made a step forward in realising some children's dream to be housed in their own building...

Will update the details of the orphanage later as they are all at home.

Thank you once again and also many thanks to PabloPabla for his time and generousity in organising this contest.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing cheers to many little children :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congratulations!!! That's a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Babe..you truly deserved to win. The dish you submitted was great but the act of caring for the little orphans is really wonderful. May you be received tremendous good merits for this. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to you. Really like reading your column, and thus the vote. My mum makes black bean soup too and it tastes heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation and well done, it is very kind of you by donating the amount to an orphanage ;-) You truly deserved to win !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Well deserved winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .. congrats Babe! And on behalf of those who benefited from your donation, I say thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks divine! got healing properties right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! at least i didnt vote in vain. it's good to see a rare thing i.e. a famous blogger actually doing something for charity instead of only using their position for self advancement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Babe! And such generosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks all... i guess its more beneficial for the kids to have their own roof over their heads than me having a domain and host of my own ;-)

    ciki, pssst this is good for the ladies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I've not been following the results. Congratulations, to you & the orphanage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Yayy my vote counted! My one single vote! Hehehehehe. didn't know you're even donating the money to an orphanage babe. Good on you. More fortune and happiness coming your way, blessed!
    xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats babe. God bless you for caring for the orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..!! awesome..!! congrats.. and what a great way . to spend your winnings. We did win something last week too.. and donating them as well.. :) i know how you feel.. :) so good right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012