Friday 19 September 2008

Banana Pancakes

Banana Pancake1

Let's today be a sugar high Friday even though this recipe doesn't contain sugar. I got this recipe from an old copy of Her World Cookbook. The entire cookbook was themed eat healthy. I find the recipes were rather easy substituting the unhealthy ingredients with the healthy ones. This is one of them but I've made these Banana Pancake a bit devilish by frying them in butter and drizzling honey all over when served. Not only that, I've used 250ml of low fat milk and 2 full eggs since I won't know what to do with the yolks at the time of cooking.

banana pancake2

My boiboi who doesn't like bananas told me the pancakes were delish and I think so too!

Banana Pancakes
(Serves 6 - 8)

190g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
300ml low fat or skimmed milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 egg whites, beaten lightly
1 tsp vanilla essence
280g ripe bananas (preferably pisang emas), mashed well
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder

1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.

2. Combine milk, egg whites, 1 tbsp oil, vanilla essence and beat well. Stir into flour until just combined. Do not overmix.

3. Mix nutmeg and cardamon with mashed bananas and add into batter.

4. Heat remaining oil in non-stick pan and pour in a ladle of batter. When bubbles start to appear on the surface and the edges turn golden brown, flip it over and cook for another 1 min. Remove onto a serving plate. Repeat process until batter is used up.

5. Serve hot with your favourite topping of fruit, or jam.

Ref: Her World Cookbook Vol 72

We have a few left over pancakes from breakfast. Boiboi and I decided to turn them into dessert. What I did was zapped the pancakes on High for 30 secs and scoop pralines n cream ice-cream on top. Sinfully delicious!

Banana Pancake with ice-cream

Technorati Tags: +

12 comments:

  1. omg...ice cream on pan cakes!!! Yummy.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. boiboi doesn't like banana too? hehe..beware, before he turns into a pickyeater like me:p
    The pancakes looked lovely!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bananas in pancakes sounds absolutely yummy! Was the texture fluffy? (seeing how much bananas went into it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh.... I really wish that you are my mum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. another easy recipe for you to try superheroes

    hahaha christy, i'm not worried cos i usually hide stuff he dislikes but later i will let him know wat's inside. he will grow to like it one day

    yes LL coupled with the self-raising flour and baking powder. fluffy and fragrant.

    cindy, can make your own :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy!! Btw, I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm.. good stuff! I actually made them immediately after I read your post in the morning!

    I made them in my mini donut tray, instead of frying them in a pan. I reduced the milk to 240ml and used 2 eggs. They make gorgeous healthy little donuts. But I think next time I will put a small dollop of butter in the donut tray before baking. Somehow it needs some butter to make it extra fragrant!

    We had leftovers and the next morning, I fried them with a little butter and they were still fab. Lightly crispy on the outside and still fluffy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks jinhooi

    gosh terrific idea there kat! i think can add melted butter into the batter as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want that for breakfast tomorrow! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you rush to the kitchen to make some rita?

    hahaha rachel, i hope you have some for breakie today

    ReplyDelete
  11. AN excellent recipe I love that recipe and all the ingrediants use in it are easy accessible in the market. I will try it myself and check how's it taste.



    Outsourcing Solution in BPO

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012