Thursday 25 September 2008

Cauliflower and Potato Soup

At times, I just don't feel like cooking a storm for lunch. Times like these, I would usually come up with something light but yet hearty enough for the fart (my boiboi la :p) at home and that also depends what I could rummage in the fridge.

This one, a Cauliflower and Potato Soup was fashioned out of the numerous cooking shows on telly and also the recipes I've read. As usual, my style must be... easy!

All I did was chopped up a bunch of cauliflowers and cubed the potatoes (best if can find starchy ones). Sliced loads of onions and placed them in a pot with olive oil. Fry till the onions turned light brown (caramalised stage). Pour in water (or chicken stock if you have any. The amount depends on how thick you want your soup to be.) and add in potatoes. Once they turn tender, add in the cauliflower and simmer till they're softened.

Remove from heat and I've used my hand held blender to whizz the cauliflowers and potatoes to the consistent I liked which is slightly chunky. Place the pot back on the heat and adjust the taste with salt and pepper. You may add in some cream now for a creamy version but since I wanted a light soup, I just kept it as it is.

To serve, ladle into a bowl, swirl in some cream (can be omitted) and sprinkle in some freshly grounded black pepper. We ate this with crispy garlic toasts which I've made by slicing a French loaf thinly; spread butter mixed with chopped garlic; and toast them lightly in a toaster oven.

Cauliflower & Potato Soup

Simple, easy but hearty!

Here's another easy peasy soup for you to try... Pumpkin Soup.


Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

  1. hmm... cook soup...

    can cook for us a?... we taste and give u input la....

    then u can open store sell babe_soup...... hee hee...

    just kidding..

    we never try to cook and my mum always complain about me... "Don't know how to cook lagi cakap banyak!!!" hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hearty bowl of soup!~
    Simple and yet made with love:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Babe! I love to make a variation of this soup too esp now that I'm a SAHM LOL.

    Mine doesn't have onions though but I may start adding them to increase the flavour :)

    By the way, my home's now at http://A Banana in China. That old Blogger one is MIA liau!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012