Thursday 3 January 2008

7-Day Detox Programme: Day 3

28 December 2007


Day 3 & 4 Recommended Menu

Breakfast
Detox Programme Drink
1 piece of fruit with low-fat live yoghurt

Lunch
Large salad of fresh vegetables with some raisins
OR 2 pieces of baked sweet potatoes

Dinner
Detox Programme Drink
Lightly stir-fried vegetables or plain tofu dish with small amount of brown rice


Entering Day 3, I had much better sleep. Waking up less to check on my boiboi since he has gotten well. For breakie, I had detox drink, a slice of papaya and a cup of yoghurt. Then on to the usual chores.

Had steamed vegetables ie. carrots, cucumber, celery etc for lunch. By now I noticed I had a bit of sore on my tongue (right side), looks like a major sore throat is coming my way!

As for dinner, I adapted a pumpkin soup recipe into my way... a rather healthy version I would say. I fried some chopped onions and celery in a bit of olive oil. Tossed in a bay leaf which lent a very aromatic fragrance to the soup. Once the onions turned translucent, I added in cubed pumpkins. Stir a bit before adding just enough water to cover the pumpkins. Put on the lid and simmer for about 20 mins till pumpkins softened. Add in a wee bit of salt to balance the sweetness of the pumpkin.

Removed from stove and cool a little before I pureed them using a handheld blended. Next I poured in some low fat milk and put the pot on low heat until the soup came to a gentle boil. You may adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more water if you prefer a diluted version. Mine was rather thick.

Healthy Pumpkn soup


**Some gross stuff ahead... read at your own risk as I need to document this for myself**

So for dinner, I had a hot pumpkin soup for a change with a small portion of steamed vegetables. No hunger pangs either this time. Still feel the same... nothing extraordinary. However, I did felt having a metallic taste in my mouth and my big toilet biz is as per claimed floating yellowish waste. Noticed that I've stopped passing any gas for today.


7-Day Detox Programme: How It Got Started
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 1
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 2


Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin soup, esp. if it's nice and thick. How it comes out on the other end, however... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. kampade! you can definitely do it! unlike yours truly, who could not even pass 3 days.. :(. btw, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh!! too much info.. muhahahaha... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm looks like it went out the other way same way..

    its the oil..theres effect!!

    looks like i shud put myself into a 7 day detox soon..wonder wat my boss will say when i ask for annual leave hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love pumpkin soup!
    Sounds like the detox is taking it's effect... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yohhh kenny!!! haha

    sc, when u hv the will, u'll hv the way

    oppsie daisie mamabok :D

    joe, since i've tried this, i think dun need to take leave lah or its just another excuse?? hehe

    daphne, it did

    ReplyDelete
  7. gambate!!! u can do it ya!
    pumpkin soupppppppppppppppppp~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012