Monday 29 January 2007

Review: Restoran Makanan Laut Yoke Heng, Seri Kembangan

**Non-Halal Post**

Hubby took me to this place here located in Seri Kembangan sometime back for a slightly different version of claypot loh shue fun (rat tail noodle literally translated from Cantonese) but I never got on to write something about it cos the pictures I took turned out super duper small, no thanks to my boiboi. This time I got them right! Those whom have worked in TPM or Cyberjaya would definitely know this Kedai Makanan Laut Yoke Heng.

yoke heng

Yoke Heng is famous for this version of thick gravied loh shue fun, almost like loh meen but better. The slippery noodles are generously topped with fragrant and crunchy deep fried dried shrimps which gave this dish the edge. Very different indeed from the usual dried version like Seng Kee's or Goon Wah's.

yoke heng - loh shue fun

yoke heng - lsf close up

We have tried their dishes here as well which tasted generally good and reasonabily priced too. I knew our family did enjoyed the dishes. One of the favourite that I tend to see appearing on the tables is this Yim For Kuat or was it For Yim Kuat, not sure the translation... but its sweetish sticky pork ribs that came wrapped in aluminium foil. Quite similar to mutt chup (honey coated). The ribs are tender and the sweetness is not over cloying.

yoke heng - pai kuat

Tekko of eatinout have a map to this place. I've marked this place at Wikimapia. Look out for East of Highway Restaurant and turn inside this road. Yoke Heng is just further down the road. Sorry no price placed here cos I can't recall but it will be better cos I got myself a notepad for this purpose haha...

To stir fry your own loh shue fun, try this or this.

Kedai Makanan Laut Yoke Heng
No. 33, Jalan SR 8/4,
Taman Putra Indah,
Serdang Raya,
43300 Seri Kembangan
Tel: 03-8943 8753

Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 10:30 am - 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm

Technorati Tags: +

10 comments:

  1. My first time here lah

    I thot come here can see beautiful babes.

    But neber mind lah, look at food also can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by then philip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so going for that 'kuat' thingy. Drools.
    That area has quite a few good restaurants with their own special dishes. But I'm a bit phobic about the heavy traffic on its main roads and scarce parking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah .. sound and looking good poh ..
    how is the price ah ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. tummythoz, this place got plenty of parking space. opposite got one huge parking lot which in the evening i dun see anyone collecting money, not sure about day time though.

    bearyip, reasonable actually

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cantonese style claypot "loushufarn" looks so mouthwatering! seems like i couldn't find this style around kl area... looks like i must really go all da way to seri kembangan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. color doesn't look so great but i'm sure as these things go, the taste won't be disappointing.

    btw the eSnap thing is getting on my nerve. =/

    ReplyDelete
  8. meiyen, actually its not cantonese style... more like err i also dunno how to describe... like loh meen but no vinegar and also like a bit of tofu khang.

    KY, dun judge a book by its cover. yeah i'm intending to remove the esnap cos it doesnt show the latest snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's hard to describe the taste, go and try! long time didn't visit Yoke Heng already, thanks for remind me again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah totally agree with you tekko, hard to describe the taste and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012