Wednesday 31 January 2007

Baked Macaroni

I saw in a forum, someone described a quick simple meal by merely cooking some pasta, then pour a can of canned creamy soup all over and topped with grated cheese. Next bake the pasta till the cheese melts and browned.

So I did just that one day... cooked some macaroni till al dente and set aside. Fried some chopped garlic and onions in some olive oil. Next placed in some ham, carrots, mushroom, spring onions and celery. Stir till cooked before pouring in a large can of cream soup. Mixed in the cooked macaroni and poured into a heat proof dish. Topped with grated mozarella and parmesan cheeses. Baked till browned.

Very easy and delicious but I think my version here does not have enough soup. Next time, I'm gonna use 2 large cans instead. Try it, it's a wonderful dish to hide in vegetables for fussy eaters.

baked macaroni01 baked macaroni02

baked macaroni3

Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

  1. I used to make pasta bake...that was during the days when i had an oven at my disposal. LOL! Yes, I've NOT bought an oven YET

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make something like this in university - can of tuna added and potato crisps on top for additional crunch after it came out from the oven. Very comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should try this one too. Good way to hide the vege. When I make my mac and cheese, I just make the roux and add in the cheese and of course sprinkle more cheese on top. My kids like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does smell richly hot on screen ! and that golden color

    ReplyDelete
  5. pablopabla, awww come on, Valentine's Day is coming soon, go surprise your wife haha

    boo_licious, potato crisps on top, wow must try next time. i heard students even got creative and have potato crisps sandwich!

    flower, can hide lots of stuff in this dish other than vegetables

    team BSG, it does smell great when it was just out of the oven

    ReplyDelete
  6. babe !!! I like all your baking recipes u know, all the salty ones, I don't particular like those sweet stuffs, this is really great and easy, wahh..I admire ur time in doing this ler, wish I hv the dedication in baking hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so yummy. *note to self:- It's really time to get an oven!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna try this...do you think it'll work if I made a small portion for Lucas using the toaster oven? I don't have an oven =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for all your kind words melting wok. LOL someone is gonna sing lots of songs if i dun make full use of the oven i've invested :p

    hohoho... lots of offer now tummythoz, time to go shopping!

    yes definitely you could kittycat, i've another version actually, will post it up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012