Tuesday 16 September 2008

Steamed Minced Beancurd

**Non-Halal**

This is another recipe I dug out during my stay at my parents sometime back. It's really a simple dish but full of nutrition. I guess one can play around with the ingredients to be added into the beancurd mixture ie. fish paste, shrimps, crabmeat, vegetables etc. Easy to digest, best for younger kids or old folks. Like any of my other dishes... this is easy to prepare too. Dig in!

Steamed Minced Beancurd

Steamed Minced Beancurd

3 pcs soft beancurd, mashed
150g minced meat
3 pcs mushrooms, soaked and diced finely
1 tbsp fried shallots
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp chicken powder (I omitted)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 salt to taste (it's a bit bland, so need to add more the next time)
1 tsp sesame oil

1. Mix all ingredients and put into greased 8 inch casserole.

2. Steam over medium heat till form and cooked. Insert knife in the middle of dish to test.

3. Serve hot with rice.

These steamed beancurd can be cut into cubes or blocks when cold and deep fried in batter for a delicious difference.

Ref: Her World, May 1992, The Versatile Beancurd

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

  1. another classic dish. Healthy as well. I like adding salted egg yolk in it too. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might like to try these new Blogger templates as your blog template.

    There are many selections you can try and you can use your own header image. They're much easier to customize than other templates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum always make steamed eggs with minced pork, I have never had steamed beancurd before, got to give it a try !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this the similar way of cooking the beancurd soup ? i mean the sticky type....

    ReplyDelete
  5. daphne, if add salted egg yolks, not healthy anymore hehehe

    thanks obt

    jin hooi, i think this dish came about not many years back, give it a try

    dun think so ling. this is not a soup.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012