Wednesday 10 September 2008

Review: Pork Ball Noodles at Kedai Kopi Dan Makanan Weng Hing

**Non-Halal**

I had always liked the Pork Ball Noodles here at Weng Hing since I was a kid. This coffee shop used to belong to a relative, hence my dad would normally take us there almost once a month. Other than this, I also liked their chicken rice and char kuey teow for lunch. For snacks, there are deep fried fritters (available in the afternoon) ie banana, sweet potatoes and kuih bakul; and Seremban siew bao (the ori one) and mini egg tarts. At night you can find delicious hokkien fried noodles. How wholesome to find all these under one roof!

Back to my noodles, the dry version that is. The reasons I loved it...
  1. the just right black sauce coating my choice of yellow noodles and slippery kuey teow, not overly salty with a slight tinge of sweetness,

  2. the mountain of tasty minced meat,

  3. the bouncy self-made pork balls, and

  4. the self-made siew cheung is so full of flavour.

Pork ball noodles

Enough said... just wished I could have a bowl now!


Kedai Kopi Dan Makanan Weng Hing
183, Jalan Imbi
Kuala Lumpur

Technorati Tags: +

10 comments:

  1. one of my favourites! was the siu cheong bursting with 'livery' taste?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm..Jln Imbi...wah, have not gone there to eat since the "tailor" days haha. Just to let you know that I have nominated you for an award. your's was almost the first blog I read when I started reading blogs and it has never ceased to give me inspiration, whether to try the eatery, or to cook up the dish or just to learn something new :). I really look forward to each new post from you. Keep them coming babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this is magnificent stuff!!!

    http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2008/07/famous-pork-noodles-weng-hing-koptiam.html

    The nien gao (fried moon cake) just outside is so darn yummy too ... SLURP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think I have seen this kind of pork noodles in SGP! *drooling* and *waiting indefinitely*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be my favourite place to get Pork Ball Noodles.

    The only downside is that it is pretty packed during peak hours. Hence, I've go to go early in the morning to eat in peace. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this place, but i havent been in YEARS!!!! must go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ciki, yes yes yes!!

    hey thanks yozora, din have much time to read blogs yet

    julian, i liked the fried bananas, it's very different from the Malay style's

    tigerfish, make a trip to KL, quick!

    oh yes chong... we shared a table with another coupld and were constantly under the watchfull eyes of patrons standing around us waiting for us to vacate our seats

    go go go fbb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. but this is also one of the places with the most expensive prices..remember this stall charging ridiculous prices for extra pork balls..strips..and siu cheong..

    then again..yes me like it too

    ReplyDelete
  9. joe, hehehe that's the bane huh??? complain but still go :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012