Monday 22 January 2007

Baked French Toast

'Twas Sunday morning and we're too lazy to go out for breakie. I checked the fridge and found some stale bread which is good to be converted into french toasts but I was too lazy to fry them one by one. So what I did was pile the bread slices onto a baking tray. Mixed up some eggs, milk, castor sugar and cinnamon powder. Poured over the bread slices, making sure they're enough to be soaked up by the bread.

baked french toast - before

Sprinkled some brown sugar on top and dotted some butter all over too. Lastly, I placed some grated cheese all over and bake in the oven till browned.

baked french toast - after

Cut them up and serve while they're hot. Very easy, not much cleaning and best of all very yummy too! Boiboi had 2 servings!!!

baked french toast - serve

Technorati Tags: +

8 comments:

  1. what? no chili padi or udang kering or bawang goreng?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh I'm sorry but that looks very little like French Toast and very much like Bread and Butter pudding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! *raises hand for a serving*..ha ha ha ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lanatir, you try first then let me know nice or not haha

    pablopabla, its not my invention actually. saw it sometime back.

    ST, yeah looks like bread pudding but this is lighter. inspired by recipe found here sometime back http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-french-toast-2/detail.aspx

    wmw, LOL you can make your own now with the recipe above but it has more ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow babe, you are so creative and innovative!!!!!!! how i wish that you are my neighbour.....:p even just to smell it is good enough..:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. meiyen & beeyinn, i din create ler, i saw the recipe before. just dat i created by guesstimate what to put inside haha try it gals

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012