Monday 9 April 2007

Stir Fried Mushroom in Butter

stir fried mushrooms in butter


I remember one episode from Kylie Kwong's Heart and Soul where Kylie cooked a mushroom ragout to topped some tiny pie casings for an art gallery party. I had some extra oyster mushrooms and enoki mushrooms on hand, so I decided to make one based on my memory of that recipe. I've watched that episode many many moons ago, when I checked the recipe today, hmmm my version is pretty close except that mine has lesser ingredients.

Stir Fried Mushroom in Butter

Mushrooms of your choice
White onions, chopped
Garlic, chopped
Butter, unsalted
Olive Oil
Salt and black pepper to taste

Clean mushrooms using paper kitchen towel. Do not wash with water, else they'll soak up the water and release them in your dish.

In a pan, pour in some olive oil and add in some butter. Once hot, place in chopped onions. When it's translucent, add in chopped garlic. Fry till fragrant and do not brown the garlic. Add in the mushrooms and stir till cooked. You may add some liquid if it's too dry. Season with salt and freshly grinded black pepper.

Looks like I've left out the white wine but never mind, this still tasted great when used as a bruschetta topping. Would be great if I have some French loaves to lap up the sauce but I settled with some toasted white bread lightly coated with olive oil.

Hubby cooked some pasta and topped it with some leftovers, worked as well!

Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

  1. I was expecting button mushrooms but saw golden needles instead ;)

    This must be one crunchy dish! I usually just go simple - butter, garlic, mushrooms and a light sprinkle of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe, it looks delish! I love mushroom, especially the abalone mushroom with chicken in dark soy sauce! Slurp~

    ReplyDelete
  3. pablo, its soft though as i've used fresh mushrooms. try with some onions as it gives this dish some sweetness from the caramalisation.

    wenwenzz, thanks for dropping by. do try out this mushroom dish, it's slightly different from cooking with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple dish but looked lovely. I love all kinds of mushrooms. I'm sure will give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm hungry. luckily i still got 2kg to make up from the weight i lost over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not use salted butter? Will turn out too salty? Does my question sound kinda dumb-dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught this episode and tried it out. Very nice. I love mushrooms! I just had a raw (I think) button mushroom salad at a restaurant, sooo nice!

    About cleaning the mushroom, you just brush with a paper towel, issit? Find it difficult to clean button mushroom, esp the underside.

    BTW, I replied to your comment re changing your template in my blog. Let me know if you still have problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mushrooms...it has been a while since I cooked and I use to whip this up. I love mushrooms, all types (except the poisonous ones, hee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  9. cookies, me too... i think my boiboi too

    stupe, vege only mah can hantam a lot :p

    LOL tummythoz, err I think can lah, just dun need to add so much salt. i happened to have a small blob left from my baking :p

    kat, clean button mushrooms with a soft brush. i used those freebies toothbrush from hotels LOL and also paper towels

    wmw, u free to cook meh? :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012