Tuesday 3 April 2007

Review: Nyonya Colors @ 1 Utama Shopping Centre

We stopped by Nyonya Colors kiosk to grab some snacks for boiboi since he did not take a proper lunch. Hmmm I remember we used to frequent Puffin Muffins in the exact same spot... but it's really sad to see it disappeared just like that. Well, maybe business was hard hit when the muffins and brownies weren't as great as they used to be. Anyway, I took boiboi to the display, oh my oh my... so mind boggling cos there are so many types of tantalising kuih-muih!!! Even my boiboi took so long to decide haha...

Anyway, hubby ordered a bowl of Dry Curry Noodle cos he told me he hasn't find a place that can do a right one according to his taste. To him, dry curry noodle equals to blanched noodles of his choice, beansprout and topped with thick curry chicken. Other condiments ie. long beans, brinjal, cockles, and beancurd puff are secondary. Guess what??? Nyonya Colors passed with flying colours, so to speak! The picture looked a bit pathetic cos hubby removed the mint leaves before I could snap it. I had a few bites and liked the curry as it is not overly "lemak".

nc - dry curry noodles

Pardon for this blurry picture. I had to click fast cos my boiboi had started jabbing his fork on the 9 Layer Kuih and Pulut Tai Tai, both items he picked on his own. I asked him for a bite each and both were good. Can't remember the price but it's slightly on the steep side judging from the size of the kuih. The kaya that came with the Pulut Tai Tai is not overly sweet and it's full of eggy flavour.

nyonya colors

I had a bowl of cendol to quench my thirst on that hot afternoon. Good but of course not as great as the one I had in Penang haha, at least their cendol strands are soft unlike some places where they came in frozen strips.

nc - cendol

I've packed some pre-packed Mee Siam back and took a tiny bite. Tasted like tom yam fried bee hoon to me but I can't tell more since I only had a small bite. I'm going back for more... definitely! Great place to stop for afternoon tea.

Nyonya Colors
F66, First Floor, Old Wing
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama

Technorati Tags: +

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passed by this kiosk countless times, but never thought of trying it. I'm a big fan of Nyonya dry curry noodle, so maybe I should try them soon. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told that the mee rebus is good, but I have not actually tried it myself cos it is always sold out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. like that must try...now hungry...raining can't go cycling...will get fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Mee Siam - it's the dry version which is my fav. Of course at that price, it's minus all those add ons but means you get to try more things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no problem tankiasu

    hmm sounds like we need to make a few more trips to Nyonya Colors. thanks mae & atti2de

    stupe, you still wanna eat these kind of stuff?? LOL

    yeah boo_licious. need to go a few more trips to try out other stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Passed by this place many times but always packed. Can't find any seats all the time so no chance to sample their kuih-muih.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its getting very interesting to see all the convenience new cafes coming and going in these new shiny malls. Some are actually quite good, tho rather inconsistent ( a problem with many new food joints who are trying to get it right esp new workers! those Burmese,Thais, Indons etc)

    V r anxiously awaiting a new one called babesomething to start soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its getting very interesting to see all the convenience new cafes coming and going in these new shiny malls. Some are actually quite good, tho rather inconsistent ( a problem with many new food joints who are trying to get it right esp new workers! those Burmese,Thais, Indons etc)

    V r anxiously awaiting a new one called babesomething to start soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Babe's back babe's back! *doing happy dance*
    Kuih tai-tai with thick kaya. My all time fav since very very young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, yes... this place always packed! sounds good, gonna bring mom to try da local dessert since she loves kuih-muih :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. you can pack them back Precious Pea. it's hard to find seats at times.

    team bsg, LOL that can be realised if you can find me financial backing

    sorry for being silent so long... their pulut tai tai very aromatic, tummy thoz, very tiny piece only :(

    hope your mummy like the kuih-muih there, meiyen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love their kuih talam! Pricey, but so rich and satisfying!! And their pulut panggang is nice too. I must try their dry curry noodle soon! So far, nothing beats the ones in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012