Thursday 29 May 2008

My Version of ABC Soup

**Non-Halal**

The usual ABC Soup contains potatoes, carrots, onion and tomatoes but my version have a couple more of ingredients - corn and beetroot! The corn gave the soup an extra sweetness to it whilst the beetroot lent a tinge of pinkish trace in the soup. Beetroot is supposedly to good to cleanse the body and rich in Vitamin C and A, on top of a host of other nutrients.

ABC Soup Ingredients 01 ABC Soup Ingredients 02

I've used pork bones which I've cleaned and parboiled to get rid of the scums. They're washed again before they go into the pot. Next, dumped in all the vegetables and boil on low heat for 3 - 4 hours. Alternatively, you can use the pressure cooker but I didn't this time. I liked my soup to be slow boiled. Towards the end of cooking, adjust tasted with some salt if you like. Sometimes, I'll add some white peppercorns at the start of cooking but since the weather was hot, I omitted them.

ABC Soup

There... the utmost nutritious and flavourful soup filled with vitamins A, B and C hahaha... BTW, this soup tasted better on the next day.


Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. i like the sweetness of corn in this. Very homely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i was there, there would be none left for tomorrow.. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like ABCDE soup! with the extra ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes daphne

    haha cumi&ciki! so you're a soup person too eh?

    joe, perhaps i should have named it Multi-vits Soup :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beet root..!! interesting..! i'll try some . .if i can find beet root.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mamabok, am sure you can find beetroot at your place. fresh beetroot only got popular here recently

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!
    I'm writing from Canada (Toronto, specifically); found your recipe since it's beetroot, corn, and tomato season! Great soup recipe...it will be dinner tonight =)

    A question: where would you get white peppercorns? I have a friend in KL who could send some over to me...any hints about where to shop?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear JH, I tried to get your email but your profile was not available, so I can only reply you here.

    White and black peppercorns are easily available in KL since one of the state, Sarawak, in our country have peppercorns farms. Your friend should be able to find them at Chinese Medicine Halls, supermarkets or even hypermarkets.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012