Wednesday 7 May 2008

Looks Like I Am Not Alone in My Plight

Just barely a month ago, The Star "took" my photo and featured in their video without my permission nor crediting me. I just realised they were at it again last Sunday when they featured the article about Penang Chief Minister YAB Lim Guan Eng flying economy class. Apparently, The Star had lifted the photo of him and Ning Baizura from her manager's (Vernon Kedit Jolly) blog without permission and also did the same trick of cropping off his watermark! Oh boy, of course he kicked up a fuss just like I did. Well, since he's famous, someone got hold of Dato Wong Chun Wai, the Group Chief Editor of The Star, to personally call Vernon to apologise!

I hope Dato Wong will take note and address this issue with the staff working at The Star NOT to simply lift photos and articles from bloggers without permission. It's very unethical indeed to see this coming from a mainstream media like The Star.

p.s.: To Amy Chin who left a comment in Vernon's blog, thank you for highlighting my plight there.

7 comments:

  1. At last, some justice is done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i saw mr.manager's post...i immediately thought about yours too!! Can't believe they are still at it!? can sue them wan ler....i guess it had to happen to someone somewhat famous(like Mr.Manager) in order for them to take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I'm not famous lah. My artistes are, and I just tumpang glemer. But thanks for the support all the same.

    Babe, excellent post. I'm highlighting it at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. susah blogger mcm kite ni....i hope nobody took my food pic as my pic tak klass sgt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star is as bad as some others that plagarise...:P

    A simple acknowledgement would work wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes yes kenny!

    fashionasia, i hope so. we'll just have to see.

    thanks Vernon for letting me sharing some glamour in your blog :p

    dun say like dat yatie, sometimes they lift writings too! :(

    stupe, must get permission lah since they're making money outta of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..!! like dat also can ka..!! darn terrible man.. !!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012