Friday 22 September 2006

Happy Birthday Darling!

BD cupcakes

BD Happy BD birth BD Day


Today is hubby's birthday and I hurriedly made a batch of birthday cupcakes for him since I'm on leave. I'm leaving now for dinner with the family hence no time to link stuff up at the moment. The recipe used was from Donna Hay's Modern Classics Book 2, page 54 with buttercream frosting on page 96. However for the frosting, I took Jo's advice on using 1/3 portion of butter and 2/3 portion of Krimwell (a type of shortening for creaming purpose) and the texture was just right for the decor and piping. I had a tough time with the decor since it's my first time playing with piping and stuff. The end results looked kinda ugly but who cares, he still have to eat them hahaha...

Darling,

Some people make others happy by simply being who they are.
Happy Birthday to one of those people.

Lots of love,
Babe

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, they look so so pretty! Lovely colours and very very cute. And I have to say that it's indeed a very sweet thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again. Kinda ugly? Where ugly? Actually, cute-loh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks missmall, i think they're just photogenic hahaha cos my hubby din realised they looked so colourful until he saw this page up. duh!

    tummythoz, ohhhh you havent seen those professionally done ones LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh... nice lar... the deco looks wonderful.

    btw, do send my regards and wishes to Hook..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ai ya ...~~~
    i though is buy one ah ..
    damp good looking and if i can have it then will be very happiness in the world loooo....

    Hi.. you are so "geng" ah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks cyrene, lemme perfect the frosting then i can make for yr err princess? :p

    bearyip, you trying to impress so i can make you some eh? LOL not kheng lah paiseh

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012