Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 10: Zespri® Kiwifruit Sambal Lada with Prawn Lemongrass Skewers

On the 10th day of the Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge, I can feel the enormous changes on how my body had responded to the amount of Zespri® Kiwifruits I have ingested. The most prominent one being the smoother bowel movements. The feeling of bloated has gone since Zespri® Kiwifruits have actinidin, an enzyme that helps breaking down protein. Even though I have been sleeping very late these few days and waking up as usual, I didn't really feel lethargic nor my skin has suffered. Facial skin is still supple :p feeling the Vitamin C and E radiating all over. Do check out www.zespri.com.my for more information on the benefit and goodness of kiwifruits in our diet.

Since it's Hari Raya, perhaps a festive dish like a grill prawns skewers served with a sambal containing Zespri® Green Kiwifruit would be deem special enough to serve to guests. I've used lemongrass stalk as a skewer and it's not as easy to thread the prawns through as some of the lemongrass stalks are kinda thick. If you can find skinny lemongrass stalks, it would be so much better. Otherwise, do consider using bamboo skewers or like myself after patience ran out :p simply pan fry the prawns and kiwifruits. The sambal is kinda of Minang style which calls for either red or green chillies but I've used both! I feel some bird chillies would add some kick but since BoiBoi is eating together I did not use any.

Day 10 Zespri Kiwifruit Sambal

Zespri® Kiwifruit Sambal Lada

(A)
2 red chillies, sliced
2 green chillies, sliced
2 - 4 bird chillies, sliced (optional)
2 cloves garlic, sliced
5 shallots (50 g), sliced
1 cm piece belacan (shrimp paste), toasted

Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, diced
1 large tomato, diced
Salt and sugar to taste
1 Tbsp oil

Pound (A) into a rough paste or like me pressing for time, just used a mini chopper :p Seriously I would have preferred a pounded paste texture.

Heat oil in a wok and add in the pounded paste. Fry till fragrant and till the chillies smelt cooked. Add in tomato and kiwifruits. Saute until oil surfaces. Season with salt and sugar.

Serve this with an ulam platter, fried fish, fried mee hoon (hehe yes I did that) and in this case, with prawns skewers.

Day 10 Kiwi Sambal with Grilled Prawns

Prawn & Zespri® Green Kiwifruit Lemongrass Skewers
(Serves 4)

400 g medium or large prawns
Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, sliced into thick chunks
Skinny lemongrass stalks (number depends on how big are your prawns)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & grounded black pepper

Marinade prawns with salt and black pepper. Thread prawns and kiwifruit chunks alternately on a lemongrass stalk. You can cook it on a BBQ, grill pan or even frying pan. No sweat on that. Just drizzle with some oil before cooking. Be careful though is you're using a frying pan as the prawns and kiwifruits might not be level, so cooking on certain parts may take longer. Keep checking. Prawns will turn pink when cooked. Serve with Zespri® Kiwifruit Sambal Lada.

Day 9: Frangipane Zespri® Golden Drops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012