Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 5: Zesty Zespri® Sungold

On Day 5 of Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge, the sun was extremely striking. A nice glass of cocktail would be great to wind down the day. Since BoiBoi is around as his school is closed for the holidays, I've decided to concoct something without alcohol. Something we can all drink to chill out.

Quick check in my fridge, I have a packet of grass jelly (cincau) that was leftover from a short getaway with the girls at work. I've freeze some cubed Zespri® Green Kiwifruits with water in my ice cube tray the day before. I guess a quick no fuss drink would be the order since I did not want to spend so much time in the kitchen.

Day 5 Zespri Green Kiwifruits Ice Cubes
Zespri® Green Kiwifruits ice cubes

I just add some grass jelly cubes topped with cubed Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruits. Pour in some cold water followed by sugar syrup to taste. Finished with Zespri® Green Kiwifruits ice cubes. Looked quite spectacular actually I would say hahaha... my English teacher always told us self praise is no praise but I'll let you decide. Remember to stir before drinking though ;-)

Day 5 Zesty Zespri Sungold
Zesty Zespri® Sungold

I loved how the sweet and tangy Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruits flavoured the drink entirely. As the ice cubes melt, the sour green kiwifruit bits elevated the drink to another level. Just for Sean, a dash of vodka would render a superb adult version.

Zespri website have some rather innovative drinks, click on the www.zespri.com.my for the recipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012