Monday 5 August 2013

Day 2.1: Zespri® SunGold Rockstar Breakfast Smoothie

Oppsie daisie! I had a false start no thanks to some miscommunication plus my rush to the start off this challenge. So in actual fact, today is the Day 2 of the Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge.

So as a bonus, I'm sharing another of my favourite smoothie concoction naming it Zespri® SunGold Rockstar Breakfast Smoothie to chase any Monday blues away. It has a little more ingredients than the previous 4 ingredients Sunshine Zespri® Green Kiwifruit Smoothie.

Day 2.1 Rockstar Breakfast Smoothie

Yeah "rockstar".... a term that I've learnt from BoiBoi. There was one day we were out for dinner and Capt'n Hook was looking out for a parking space. Suddenly there's this spot right in front of the restaurant. BoiBoi blurted "Now, this is rockstar parking!" From then on, whenever there's something very awesome, we labelled them as "rockstar" hahaha.

Just like it's brother and sister Zespri® Gold and Green Kiwifruit, the new Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit is packed with more than 20 vitamins and minerals, more than most common fruits that we consume. It has exceptionally high levels of antioxidants Vitamin C (could you believe it's 3 times more than oranges) and Vitamin E (7 times more than apples or orange).

Zespri® SunGold Rockstar Breakfast Smoothie
(Serves 2)

Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, wash, peeled and sliced
2 banana, peeled and sliced
1 papaya wedge, sliced
1 rockmelon wedge, sliced
2 Tbsp rolled oats
1/2 cup plain yoghurt

Store the fruits in a plastic container or ziplock bag and place them in the freezer for at least 3 hours. I find the best way is to prepare this the night before. Other times, I tend to freeze up my fruits whenever I have access or right before they become overly ripe.

Remove frozen fruits from the freezer for 5 minutes before putting them in a blender. Add in yoghurt and oats, blend till smooth. Worked well with my stick blender too.

Don't forget there are more smoothie recipes on http://www.zespri.com.my/.

Day 1: Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge

1 comment:

  1. cool beverage recipe! i'm gonna make mine an 'alcoholic rockstar' by adding some rum into the smoothie! :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012