Friday 9 August 2013

Day 9: Frangipane Zespri® Golden Drops

On this day of the Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge, we'll have to celebrate Hari Raya by dressing up all in green... clothes, make up, manicure, accessories... you get the gist? Since we have BoiBoi, we try not to expose ourselves in the public errmm well for security reason. I've been in the IT industry for 20 years, it still creeps me up on the nasty things that people can do. So no faces but we were game just to show our sizes in green tops hahaha

Day 9 Challenge

We're still good on having our daily dose of Zespri® kiwifruits since they're packed with nutrients and fibres that our body need. Head on to www.zespri.com.my for the detailed information of the nutrients and benefits.
 
For today, I'm making ahead some delicious and cute cookies so that I can pack in inside a Raya hamper. These are like Jam Drops but the lux version since it uses almond meals and filled up with Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Jam. Capt'n Hook likes it a lot and said it should go well with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

Day 9 Frangipane Zespri® Golden Drops

First, I've made a jam with 3 of my over ripe Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruits. Just a little note on the amount sugar needed. Since SunGold is sweet but could be slightly sour but again sourness is quite subjective. What I did was started off with 70g sugar and add in gradually in 10g until it has reached the sweetness I liked. So in total, I've needed 100g but could go on till 120g if you prefer the jam to be sweet.

Day 9 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit Jam

Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Jam

3 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruits (about 240 g), sliced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
100 g caster sugar

Cook all ingredients in a small pan on medium heat. Stirring every now and then until mixture is thickened. It took me about 20 minutes. Cool and store in fridge or use it for the jam drop.

Day 9 Frangipane Zespri® Golden Drops Up Close

Frangipane Zespri® Golden Drops
(Makes about 30)

(A)
120 g butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla extract110 g caster sugar120 g almond meal

1 egg
100 g plain flour
2 Tbsp  Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Jam

Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease baking tray and line with baking paper.

Beat ingredients (A) with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg and beat until combined. Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly.

Drop heap teaspoon of mixture on tray with room for cookies to spread. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to make a small hole on top of each cookies. Fill with kiwifruit jam. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling rack and store in air tight container.

Day 8: Lovin' Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Steamed Prawns


1 comment:

  1. The Jam is calling my name!! Good thing 1 MK is walking distance. Off to get my kiwis. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012