Tuesday 13 August 2013

Day 13: Stir-Fried Chicken With Zespri® Kiwifruit

I used to have irregular bowel movement many years back to the point that I've to check with my doctor if it's normal. According to her, a majority of women do not have daily bowel movements because their colons did not absorb enough water to produce soft stools. She said it's nothing serious unless one is constantly constipated. She was nice enough to tell me that she had the same issue too and gave me a bottle of Duphalac which is a lactulose syrup. This lactulose is broken down in the colon into products that pull water from the body into the colon to soften the stools. Just one tablespoon a day was the order of the day. I didn't need to take it for long, just a mere couple of weeks before my colon went on a proper working order.

You know, bowel movement is not a regular subject that could be easily brought up but when we did, I realised that I was not alone in my earlier predicament. Say out of 10 of my girl friends, at least 3 of them have similar problem of irregular movement. I introduced them to Duphalac and they were grateful of that.

A lot of people tend to eat banana when they have constipation but did you know that eating banana in bulk will cause further harm than good. You'll need to drink a whole lot more water with the banana in order to have a smooth bowel movement. As far as I know, the other 2 items that will help, papaya and prune (dried or juice).

It was not until last year when I was educated about Zespri® kiwifruits that it contains an enzyme and enough dietary fibres to keep a healthy digestive system. Just 2 kiwifruits a day could do the same job! So forget about synthetic lactulose and head on to some juicy kiwifruits.

Kiwifruits contains actinidin which is a unique protease enzyme known for its ability to break down proteins ie. dairy, meat and legume, which promote increased digestion and digestive comfort. Zespri® Green Kiwifruit contains active actinidin. By eating more kiwifruits you can rely on it for a better digestive comfort and improved laxation as a result which I can attest to that having eaten so much kiwifruits for the past 12 days in Zespri® 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge. If I only knew back then, I would have load myself with kiwifruits and advice my friends the same too!!!

So rather than waiting for disaster to happen (as in being constipated), it's best to keep our digestive system healthy by eating at least 2 kiwifruits a day, just that easy. You can find out more details backed by scientific researches at www.zespri.com.my.

Enough of bowel movement stories as some people might find this being TMI (too much info) :p

Let's see what other savoury dish I have came up with... since the kiwifruits profile are slightly on a sour note, including them in a sweet and sour dish or assam pedas would be nice. However, I did an experiment by just using them in my normal stir-fry chicken dish, who knew it ended up so delicious that my BoiBoi kept telling me "Hmmm this chicken dish is sooo nice" during lunch.

Day 13 Stir-fried Chicken with Kiwi ingredients

Stir-Fried Chicken With Zespri® Kiwifruit
(Serves 4)

Marinade together:
250 g chicken fillet, cut into 2 cm chunks
1 tsp light soy sauce
A dash of sesame oil
1/2 tsp cornflour
1/8 tsp sugar

1 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, sliced into chunks
1 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, sliced into chunks
25 g yellow capsicum, sliced into chunks about size of kiwifruits
25 g red capsicum, sliced into chunks about size of kiwifruits
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Sauce (mix together):
4 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp cornflour

In a pan or wok, heat up the oil and fry garlic in medium heat until fragrant or until become light brown in colour. Add in chicken fillet and stir. Cook fillet until light golden brown on both sides before adding both the capsicum chunks. Stir the sauce mixture before pouring into the chicken. Let sauce some to a boil before turning off the fire. Stir in the kiwifruit chunks while still hot. Serve hot with steamed rice.

Day 13 Stir-fried Chicken with Kiwi 02


Day 11.1: Zespri® Kiwifruits Platter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012