Saturday 5 January 2008

7-Day Detox Programme: Day 5

30 December 2007



Day 5 & 6 Recommended Menu

Breakfast
Detox Programme Drink
1 piece of fruit
OR 1 piece of baked sweet potatoes

Lunch
1 boiled egg with fresh vegetable salad
OR 2 pieces of vegetable popia wrapped in a snug blanket of raw lettuce leaves

Dinner
Detox Programme Drink
Small serving of steamed fish and vegetables with small amount of brown rice
OR Lean chicken salad

I woke up early and made pancakes (I've used Nigella's recipe and will post this up later) for boiboi as a promise to him and hubby. Whilst making them, I did not feel any urge to have any even though they looked kinda tempting. Anyway, I had the drink plus a cup of yoghurt with some papaya and watermelon instead for breakie.

I was estatic that I could have an egg for lunch! YAY... my fave. So I made a fresh salad of some leaves, turnips, green apple, yellow capsicum and celery. Drizzled in a wee bit of olive oil and generous dosage of freshly grounded black pepper. Finally topped the salad with a hard-boiled egg with of course the yolk still running. Omigosh... this is soooooo good!!!!


Fresh Salad With Hard Boiled Egg

Hmmm now dinner is going to be a bit challenging as my SIL is buying us dinner. I had to find a place that serves greens. Sighhh...

Lucky hubby asked me where to eat so I picked Delicious since they do serve salad. I ordered a Warm Mediterranean Chicken Salad which thank goodness came with grilled lean chicken breast. However, the dressing is a little oily so I avoided those stuff at the bottom. What a lovely change instead of my usual pathetic salads!


Meditarranean Salad at Delicious

I was pretty full hence I skipped the detox drink. Anyway it was quite late when we reached home.

**Some gross stuff ahead... read at your own risk as I need to document this for myself**

Basically felt the same as the day before in the toilet department. I had a little urge when I was out after dinner. Luckily there were plenty of washrooms around haha... just had a little bit of floating stuff.

I no longer felt having a bloated stomach nor any tiredness. For once since I was on leave, I checked my face up close... my skin seems supple. I guess from the amount of water I downed each day, I'm not at all surprised to see my face in such lovely condition hehe...

And just for Pea, since I was going out, I decided to wear my 10-year-old jeans which I usually need to hold my breath in order to button up BUT hey presto, I could actually button-up easily!!! Wahseh...


7-Day Detox Programme: How It Got Started
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 1
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 2
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 3
7-Day Detox Programme: Day 4


Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

  1. Your lunch salad looks gorgeous, esp with the yolk running from the hard-boiled egg... Just perfect and yummilicious! Wow, didn't realise a detox programme could be still offer the tastebuds some pleasure, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..!! congrats..!! i would die for that experience again.. to be able to fit into my dresses.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now u got my attention .. with d tight jeans & all. But seriously doubt my cow-eats (salads) will ever look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there you have such a lovely blog. Great recipe it really does look so delicious. I have a blog also here is my link Food Recipes

    Let me know if you would like to exchange links. Thanks Jeena x

    ReplyDelete
  5. kenny, haha yalor, so now you guys know its not all that difficult should you decided to embark on a detox programme

    thanks mamabok

    tummythots, its possible if you put in a little more effort

    thanks jeena

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012