Tuesday 31 July 2007

Chocolate Ice-Cream Cupcakes

Chocolate Ice-Cream Cupcake

I was away from work a couple of days 2 weeks ago and in anticipation for a makan session at Semenyih that weekend with a few of the floggers, I made this Chocolate Ice-Cream Cupcakes for them as some of them complaint that they never got to taste my cakes. However, sad to say the makan session got cancelled because not enough quorum...

Anyway, back to this cupcake. I had wanted to get the 500 Cupcakes & Muffins By Fergal Connolly book (published by PageOne Publishing) last Christmas but they were sold out at MPH. When Paprika gave me her eggless chocolate cupcake back on our first date, she told me she got the recipe from this book, I know must try to look for it again! Well try hard I did not for Popular Bookstore in Ikano has plenty of them. I got one copy and this Chocolate Ice-Cream Cupcakes is my first recipe from it after I've gotten the book.

Suffice to say, this cupcake is pretty easy to bake. To assemble, just cut the cupcake into half. Sandwich some ice-cream onto them before coating the top with a chocolate ganache. Best part is that they can be done in advance and freeze them. Bring them out of the freezer for about 15 mins (well if you can wait that long!!!) before serving.

Suffice to say my boiboi and myself are big fans of this cupcake! Thanks floggers hehehe... am enjoying them slowly :p

Technorati Tags: +

16 comments:

  1. omg this type of licking choc is...
    ...speechless

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makan group must be seething in their seats now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes the most sinful dessert is the one that is worthwhile waiting for. Ouch for the makan session!

    What a great idea to have ice-cream cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "digging for my copy" It's quite strange, the one here is published by Pageone and has a different cover vs the one I have but same stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The copy that I have has the same cover as Babe's. Whats not to like about ice cream and cupcake right? haha. Oh I'm really addicted to those wall's mini poppers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooah I din know BSG likes chocolates!!!

    LOL tummythoz, well maybe next time

    daphne, try get that book!

    boo_licious, this could be the later batch published

    paprika, hmmm I havent try those poppers, really good ka? better not start cos I need to start dieting now, it's so hard to lift myself up :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. FFB bought a new oven.. and u baked goodies... sobb sobbb...oven oven

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! big mistake to cancel the trip! *cold wind blowing*

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh sigh..i knew i should have done my assignment a week earlier..now i m being punished by the picture!!..argh!!!

    hey really sorry with the cancellation..hmm maybe someone else can try to organise..

    ReplyDelete
  10. poor Will hehe

    fbb, i send to you later ok

    teckiee, go get an oven fast!

    jason & joe, sorry hor, next time i make again :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never go wrong with 3 layers of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Staring at the Choc cupcakes sadly...*

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally agree with you jerry and thanks for coming by

    wmw, next time ok? i promised

    hi patricia, thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012