Sunday 18 June 2006

My Versatile Minced Meat Sauce

Another quickie post before boiboi wakes up from his nap... I have a very very versatile oriental style mince meat sauce than I could use for many variety of dishes. I've used it to topped my noodles ranging from fresh noodles, loh shue fun (a type of rice noodles), hor fun (also known as kuey teow is a flat rice noodles) and so on. It's also great to serve with lightly steamed silken tofu or even for the sauce in claypot tofu. The use of this meat sauce is so versatile that you can just get creative in its usage in whichever possible manner. Yeah I've even used it to dip with bread or made a toasted sandwich out of it.

It's very very simple to make and you can use any type minced meat errr except for mutton cause I've never tried with that before. So feel free to experiment. The one pictured here are made of minced chicken breast meat. Usually I'll make a large batch and freezes them in smaller containers.

All you need to do is saute some chopped onions in oil till its translucent. Then dump in loads of minced garlic and fry till fragrant before adding the minced meat (marinade with some light soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper and cornstarch for about 10 - 15 minutes). Let the minced meat brown before stirring and flipping to brown the other side. Next pour in some oyster sauce and some thick soya sauce (if you fancy a darker sauce). Stir and pour in some water (amount depends how much sauce you would like). Cover and simmer till cooked. It's entirely up to you whether you want to add in some cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce or not. For freezing, I won't thicken the sauce but to be served with tofu, yes, I'll usually thicken it lightly.

There... as simple as ABC.

Just steam silken tofu lightly before pouring the minced meat sauce over. Do sprinkle some spring onions on top.

mince meat tofu

This is served with those dried instant noodle, a very handy ingredient to keep in the pantry. Who says instant noodle is not healthy? Hahaha... just dress it up a little with some blanched vegetables and topped with meat sauce... voila!

mince meat noodles

Technorati Tags: + +

3 comments:

  1. no problem tummy, hope you'll like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you babe_kl! I have tried your mince meat steps and the mee came out delicious! Its also easy to make. I even blog about it http://ez2cook.blogspot.com/2010/10/dried-mee-with-minch-meat-sauce.html.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012