Wednesday 7 January 2009

Beef Stew Version 4.0 - The Red Wine One

Gosh how time flew... it's already 7 days into 2009. Hope you guys were off to a good start.

My year started off with loads of running around for last minutes stuff to prepare my boiboi to attend Standard 1 - bookshops, uniforms, shoes, orientations... you get the gist? Not forgetting my annual trip to the doc for pap smear... well I usually time it around my birthday in case I forget but since I've missed it, I decided to see my doc at the start of the year *beaming cos my doc and nurses read my blog. Waves to them.*

Just got to work today after 2 and a half weeks of leave clearing :p My brain is still crawling extremely slowly. Updating might still be sporadic. Before cobwebs collect all over, here's another beef stew but this time I used up half a bottle of unfinished red wine instead of adding water or stock. Otherwise the marinades remained more or less the same but I think I've used Bovril instead of Marmite, no difference there. The only other new item I've experimented was using Eryngii mushrooms. After cooking in the pressure pot, these babies remained crunchy and springy. Add a nice bite to the usual mush.

The dry red wine gave the stew a strong tang but I adjusted the taste by adding oysters sauce hehe weird huh but it does helped, salt and sugar. This time I served the stew on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes. I'm salivating looking at the pic now hahaha masuk bakul angkat sendiri heh!

Red Wine Beef Stew

Beef Stew Version 1.0
Beef Stew Version 2.0
Beef Stew Version 3.0


Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. Beef stew looks good! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Babe! Hope BoiBoi is settling well at school. The beef stew looks yummy. Actually my Hubby been pestering me to cook this version, with wine of course. Will surprise him with this on his birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks WMW

    pea, i think you can do a good stew :D

    Thanks Princess J, lemme have some time first before I revert

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012