Sunday 26 February 2006

Beef Stew

babe beef stew


This is my version of beef stew based on this recipe. I made it using my pressure cooker which cut down the cooking time tremendously. My aunt gave it to me years ago but I never had the courage to use it until recently with the help of hubby since he had used pressure cooker before when he was younger.

I cubed the fillet of beef and marinated with salt, pepper and thick soy sauce for 10 minutes. Sprinkled flour to coat beef. Heated oil in the pressure cooker and fried cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and onions. Added in marinated beef and fry for another three minutes to seal in the flavours.

Added a few dashes of oyster sauce for flavoring as I do not have any beef stock cube with me, potatoes, celery, fresh button mushrooms and carrots, and some water. Once it's boiling, I cover with the lid and cooked it according to the instructions.

This is a very easy one dish meal and I have to say it's utmost delicious. I served the stew with some crusty French loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012