Thursday 22 January 2009

Review: Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic

I was in Isetan recently and chanced upon Kikkoman Teriyaki sauces on offer. I took a look and there were a few variety available. Since I've never tried this brand's teriyaki sauce so I picked up a bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic.

Back home, I marinaded 2 skinless chicken thighs that have been chopped into smaller pieces with this Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic. Chucked them in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. I did not cook a traditional teriyaki but instead I lightly pan fry the chicken pieces in some oil. Next, I pour in some water together with a bit more of the marinade. Seasoned with some sugar and black pepper. I simmer them on low heat for about 20 mins until the sauce thickened.

I served the chicken with multi-grained rice and a stir-fried brocolli dish.

Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic

This Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic has a subtle garlic taste. Not strong at all. If you preferred stronger garlic taste, you can add a couple of chopped garlic cloves. Otherwise, it's quite all right on its own. When done braising this way, the sauce was great to drizzle over rice.

*Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade with Roasted Garlic photo is taken from Kikkoman Asia


Tecnorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. oooh! boi boi will love it. . .the sweet sticky taste of the sauce with peppery flavour. . . .i can imagine the taste. . .bila ue leh taste ur masak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought you just add sugar to dark sauce and brown sauce and get teriyaki sauce.. lol.. shows how much i know.. haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. good hor..simple n fast! Yup, for me is more garlic plz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished a bottle. Been using the same way & for roasting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are not into Jap food in particular but we were bowed over by this teriyaki salmon fish head in the Talk, Bangsar and which we will never forget ! Yes teriyaki we like

    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  6. eh mike, am sure you can do better :p

    c&c, i dun hv Japanese shoyu in stock hahaha cos my soy sauce oso i take bit by bit from my mom :p

    nomad gourmand, yaya... i made pai kuat and added more garlic :D

    ahhh thanks for the roasting tip, tummythoz

    thanks teckiee & Bee

    BSG, ooo ok noted

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012