Monday 30 July 2007

Jamie Oliver Inspired Rosemary Roasts

I did a simple roast chicken thighs and baby potatoes on a lazy Sunday ala Jamie Oliver. This is my simply hentam version. I have a pack of fresh rosemary, so I decided to stuff some underneath the skin of 4 chicken thighs together with some butter. Drizzle some olive oil over and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper. Roast in the oven and they came out looking like this...

Rosemary Butter Roasted Chicken 02

For the baby potatoes, dunk in cleaned potatoes in boiling water and cook till tender. Drain and place in roasting pan. Coat them up with olive oil, chopped rosemary, sea salt and black pepper. Roast them in the oven till golden. I also have some traffic light colours capsicums and sliced brinjal that I spread them in a tray. Again I drizzle over olive oil, sea salt and black pepper combo before chucking in the oven. No rosemary here as 1 pack is seriously not enough for 4 chicken thighs and a bunch of baby potatoes. Need at least 2, must remember this!

Rosemary Baby Potatoes Roasted Capsicums and Brinjal

Easy peasy eh? The thighs were tender and the skins... mmm crispy, very sinful indeed and I simply loved those roasted vegetables. I have leftovers where I shredded the chicken, mix in sliced potatoes and mayo. Turned them into a chicken sandwich lined with the sweet roasted capsicums, served with a blob of mustard - utmost delish!

Check out my other roast chickens:
One Chook, Five Ways
Babe's Roast Chicken With Vegetables

Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. I almost forget how good a roast dinner can be. It will be perfect for a weekend dinner. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, esp the recycle for sandwich part!! so easy to replicate and look so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. wmw, it was indeed ;-)

    no problem daphne, come back for more kkekeke

    kampungboycitygal, you should check out my one chook, 5 ways post then LOL, more varieties there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so good! Can almost imagine how the sandwich tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only I can reach those from my monitor! I can just lick the screen :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012