Thursday 24 May 2007

Red Dragonfruit Cheesecake

After the tip off by da beautiful Mei Yen about swirling red dragonfruit into her cheesecake, I decided to do the same after buying some locally planted species. According to the owner of the farm, they are sweeter compared to Vietnamese dragonfruit as the local ones are pluck after the fruit is ripen on the tree.

Whilst I was slicing the fruit, I stole some bites and my oh my, it was really sweet but I was still skeptical about the taste after mixing into the cheese. Anyway, I went ahead and made one based on the Peachy Cheesecake recipe. I tasted the cheese mixture after mixing in the dragonfruit puree which seems all right.

Sad to say after chilling it, I did not get to taste it. Instead I presented it to my brother for his birthday. Since he wasn't around, we did not managed to sing him a song and have him cut the cake. Hubby and I left thereafter. However, he told me it was good. The deep purple colour is so rich and lovely... very captivating. Looks like I'll have to make another one... SOON!

Here's a shot I managed to stole before sending it off...

Red Dragonfruit Cheesecake02

Technorati Tags: +

14 comments:

  1. looks nice... the color resembles blueberry :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really pretty, Babe! I can't imagine what it tastes like though. But the added texture of the dragonfruit will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty colour... so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. freethinker, it's very rare to find dragonfruit lover... hmmm do try out this recipe haha

    blueberry not blue one ka will?? *cabuts*

    lemongrass, can crunch on the teeny weeny seeds when i tasted the cheese. let me try again this weekend hehe

    beenee, yeah, hopefully it does taste nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!!!! yours look soooo soooo nice!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barney after a anvil accident!
    Ok ok quite violent there but I just can't help myself. =P
    Those seeds do look be like poppy seeds, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty colour...Looks like jelly! Wonder how the inside looks like....

    ReplyDelete
  8. meiyen, i mix the puree throughly into the cheese mixture instead of swirling it but i thot yours would looked nicer with the marbling effect. no?

    oooo another Barney hater eh, tummythoz?? hehehe... more like kiwi seeds except smaller.

    wmw, inside should look the same since i mixed up puree with cheese thoroughly. will post the cross section of my next cake ok haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour looks bright but I wonder if I'd like the taste.. Maybe ill try the peach version sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello there... bumped into ur blog when i googled 4 dragon fruit cheesecake.
    heyy!! i luuvvvv dragon fruit too

    i have one cheesecake entry u might b interested to have a peek @ http://yt5486.fotopages.com ;-)

    oh well, if u wonder, that's my fp using a diff. id

    ReplyDelete
  11. sugar & spice, i made another, actually cant detect much dragonfruit taste except for the seeds. dragonfruit taste is too mild i guess. will post up the pic later.

    wow yt, yr dragonfruit cheesecake looked super yummy! thanks for another idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow lovely cake!
    thanks for giving me this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! Similar to the great photo on my bog! http://bitesbybritt.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012