Wednesday 16 May 2007

Colourful Vegetables Fried Rice

Hmm it has been a long time I last posted on my fried rice creations. I must live up to my Queen of Fried Rice title bestowed by boo_licious LOL!

I made a very healthy version recently, using loads of vegetables and some eggs cooked with olive oil. By the time I finish chopping and dicing the vegetables, I noticed they were so colourful, hence the name of the fried rice was conjured. From the photo below, you can see I've used carrot, cauliflower, brocolli, green capsicum, yellow capsicumm, french beans, celery and chopped garlic.

Colourful vege

To cook my version, first fry a couple of eggs with some olive oil till slightly set. Dish up and set aside. In the same wok, pour in more olive oil and add in garlic when its heated. Stir till fragrant before dishing in the vegetables. Add some salt and mix well.

Pour in cooked rice, I've used half portion of white and brown rice each, and quickly stir to mix. Season with some soy sauce and pepper before mixing in the eggs. Give it some stirs before dishing out.

Colourful vege fried rice

I'm very happy to see my boiboi eating up the rice happily without any complaint. It has never been so easy to convince him to eat his cauliflowers or brocollis!!! He scooped one tiny brocolli floret and told me "Ohhh mummy, this is so cute... baby brocolli." Awww man... my boiboi digs anything that come in "baby" version which he thinks it's for (big) baby like him! So this is another version of rice where you can "hide" stuff to kid the children.

Note: It's best to use overnight cooked rice that have been kept in the fridge. I usually use the rice straight from the fridge. Otherwise, I find them a bit too sticky to my liking.

Technorati Tags: +

14 comments:

  1. So colourful..maybe can renamed to Rainbow Fried Rice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. replace the olive oil with lard and chuck in some butter too. sprinkle some fried shallots and chilli padi.

    then to make it healthier, add some cilantro at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with PP. Rainbow Fried Rice sounds more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pea & tummythoz, i think i shall reserve that name for a version with the 7 colours, quite a tall challenge huh? do we have any blue vege??? *scratch head*

    lanatir, aiye how can lard and butter be healthy leh??? perhaps in your book, is it? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...never eat fried rice for a long time already... miss fried rice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice... all those listed veges are my fav... well except for celery :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. fried rice for lunch today teckiee??

    oo celery is one of my fave will

    ReplyDelete
  8. somehow my son hates fried rice, So I cant be sneaky and hide any vege. But I manage to hide some vege in his lasagne and bolognese. My daughter, she's a tong sampah. Can eat almost anything and loves her vege.

    ReplyDelete
  9. watever it is..i must hav lots of garlic..just lots of garlic..i normally throw in sommore raw garlic half way through ahha..i m sure no vampires dare walk near me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. blue vege?? hehehe...food dye should do the trick. celery is my top fave vege...so yummy *drools*

    well babe jie, you are Queen of Chow Farns...heheh. but then ppl say to see how good a chef/cook is, try out their simplest dishes (in most cases, its fried rice). got me all hungry now...and 3-4 hours to dinnertime.

    teatime@ 4, here i come :P

    *btw, drop by my site too...just reviewed 2 makan places...hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  11. sighh flower, so hard to please everyone in the family huh??

    joe, then dat shld be a garlic fried rice?

    urghh dye with blue? ac u wanna be the guinea pig?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh, I love fried rice ..... yours look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So colorful! I call this Rainbow Fried Rice...no wonder your boiboi can't stop ...:p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012