Tuesday 7 November 2006

Oreo Cheesecake

Oreo Cheesecake


Made this cheesecake but it's really not up to mark as the texture is not creamy enough and since my brother had experimented this recipe twice and failed badly, I tried to improvised here and there too. Still it is not satisfactory, so I'm gonna try another recipe later on.

Oreo Cheesecake

Crust:
120g Oreo biscuits, removed filling* and crushed (I've used the whole pack)
70g unsalted butter (cut this down to 40g, still works but slightly crumbly)

Filling:
250g cream cheese, softened
125g caster sugar (I've used 80g instead but I think 100g would be just nice)
2 pieces Oreo biscuits, removed filling and crushed
*Oreo biscuits' fillings from crust
150g dairy whipping cream

1 1/2 tbsp gelatine powder
80ml full cream milk (I've sub with low fat)

1. Crust: Combine all ingredients and press into a 7" (18cm) round springform pan. Chill in fridge till firm.

2. Filling: Beat cream cheese and caster sugar till smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

3. Combine gelatine powder, full cream milk and double boil until dissolved. Pour into cream cheese mixture and mix well. Spread onto crust.

4. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.


Ref: Kelly Tang, 2005, Taste of Cold, Sweet Temptation, Yum Yum Publications Sdn Bhd


Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

  1. We have not tried your peachy cheesecake yet. Tell me when your oreo cheesecake is perfected :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. babe, whoaaa... yummy cheesecake again! hmmmm looks good and quite easy to make? is da peachy cheesecake better or this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can compare to the Kraft recipe as they have so many variations? I like how Bakerzin decorates theirs to look like an Oreo Cookie, top and bottom have the biscuit crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do that PabloPabla

    meiyen, the peach one is way better!

    yeah planning to try kraft's recipe, boo_licious. hmmm topped with crumbs also?? hmmm... let's see how the recipe turn out first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, i got the chance to try this oreo cheesecake. :) Please allow me to ask the silly question. The Whipping Cream, just mix or we actually need to beat it?? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jade, gosh this was quite sometime back. Based on the recipe, just mix in the cream no need whip first. I think I continue mixing using the mixer.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012