Monday 27 November 2006

Chinese Chives Pancake

I just went by teckiee's blog and saw the kau choy pancake (kau choy is Chinese chives in Cantonese) which reminded me that I haven't posted about mine hahaha... I've hundreds of backlog grrrr....

Anyway, the ingredient's the same but I added eggs to my batter for a fluffier pancake. Just mix flour, eggs, salt, water and a bit of oil into a smooth slighly runny batter. Then add in chopped Chinese Chives and pounded dried shrimps. In a non-stick pan, fry the batter by the ladleful in some oil. (I find frying them in some oil lead to a not so dry pancake. Trust me hahaha cos I made one sans oil and its kinda tough!) Flip over when cooked. Best eaten with some chili sauce (I find Life Chili Sauce, the plain one, is great with this pancake! Yeah the chili sauce you see on KFC's tables.)

chinese chives pancake

Technorati Tags: + +

6 comments:

  1. put in kimchi and u will get kimchi pajeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. pablopabla, really??

    lanatir, hmm those i tasted like they used a whole lot more eggs, is it? if in this case then can also add shrimps and crabstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, my mum was just telling me, she had this yesterday for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a coincidence then boo_licious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is! Next time tell Char Kuey Teow man to tambah!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012