(makes about 10 portions)
6 pandan leaves, cut into 1cm pieces
1 litre water
100g rice flour
1 tsp kapur water
1. Blend pandan leaves with 200ml water and strain mixture into mixing bowl. Whisk in the rice flour and add 300ml water.
2. In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to boil, turn down heat to low. Add in the pandan mixture and kapur water. Whisk continuously for 10 mins until mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from heat.
3. Divide mixture into 10 small glasses. The pandan layer will set as it cools.
200ml thick coconut milk
1 tbsp plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine coconut milk and water in small saucepan and stir 2 - 3 tbsp of the mixture into the flour to form smooth paste. Whisk the flour paste into coconut mixture and add in salt.
2. Place saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Remove from heat.
3. Pour a thin layer over pandan layer. Leave to cool.
Gula Melaka Syrup:
150g gula melaka, chopped
1 pandan leaf, tied into knot
1. Place all ingredients in saucepan and cook till gula melaka melts and syrup thickens. Remove from heat and discard leaf.
Serve lompat tikam drizzle with gula melaka syrup.
Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.
16 Oct 2012
Friday, 22 April 2011
Lompat Tikam (With Recipe)
Ok I've some requests to have this recipe posted, so here it is from Flavours magazine (March - April 2011). Happy weekend!