Wednesday 8 July 2009

A Very Simple Fish Paste Noodles

There were times when I'm so lazy to put up something for my boiboi's meal, I would resort to simple Vit's dried noodles. A plain fragrant noodle served with fried egg and some vegetables that I could rummage in the fridge would make him quite happy. When I'm not so lazy, he would have something lavish with prawns and mushrooms.

There was this time I had some fish paste which I bought from the wet market (it's so convenient these days huh?) in the freezer, so I just devised a really simple fish paste noodles which I could cook up very quickly but of course I had to defrost the fish paste way in advance.

Into the fish paste, I added some white pepper and mix them well. No salt is needed as they're already salty to begin with. Boil some water in a saucepan, this would be the soup stock. Once it's boiled, shape the fish paste into rounds or ovals using a spoon or two and add them into the saucepan. Let it come to a boil and season it with salt and white pepper. You may add some soy sauce if you wish. I find that I don't have to use ikan bilis nor chicken stock for this as the fish paste is enough to flavour the stock with some natural sweetness. Add in vegetables, in this occassion, I have carrots and french beans. Drizzle in some garlic or shallots oil. Turn off fire once the vegetables are cooked.

In a separate saucepan, cook the Vit's dried noodles. Drain and dish up the noodles when done. Pour the soup base into the noodles together with fish paste and vegetables. Serve hot.

Fish Paste Noodles

Easy peasy but I guess still packed with some nutrients.


Technorati Tags: +

3 comments:

  1. Of course it is packed with nutrients, you get the veggies and fish. What an easy and satisfying meal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple but healthy and tasty! i like the sweetness of the fish in the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;-) LCOM

    Yes Caleb go ahead, I've added your link.

    c&c, me too, simple is the best

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012