Tuesday 12 May 2009

Slow Cooked Roasted Pork with Potatoes and Leeks

**Non-Halal**

Recently, someone bought us a box of roasted pork (siew yuk) but it was too tough since it was mostly composed of lean meat. I've stirred fried some but there were some left over as usually Capt'n Hook would have wallopped all. So with the remainder roasted pork and those that I've stirred fried, I decided to braise them in a slow cooker, hopefully the meat will tenderised along the way.

What I did was, place some potatoes at the bottom most, followed by leeks. As for the roasted pork, I drizzle some oyster sauce, dark soy sauce with a wee bit of water over them and mix them up. Place them on top of the leeks. Drizzle a bit of garlic oil all over. Turn on the slow cooker and cook for about 3 hours.

Slow Cooked Siew Yuk with Potatoes and Leek

Thank goodness the slow cooking did the meat good making them tender and juicy. Ahhh the wonders of technology...

Here are my other ways of cooking using a slow cooker:
Slow Cooked Chicken and Potatoes
Slow Cooked Chicken With Bittergourd
Slow Cooked Pork Ribs


Technorati Tags: + +

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh the wonders of having a good cook at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get myself a slow cooker... it's the answer to all culinary conundrums! I think my parents used to do this... throw tough meat into the slow cooker and voila, some gorgeous stew will emerge hours later. Have potatoes, have meat, will conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo i love the whole lazy cooking stylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to reuse the roasted pork to create another dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.. falling off the bones.. soft and succulent... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Willie

    Tummy Thoz, am sure there a cook in everyone waiting to be unleased only :p

    ;-) 500ml Jar of Faith. the potatoes were for my boiboi

    banyak sinang, KY

    yes it was LCOM

    C&C, yup, the wonder of slow cooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes love technology...make food so much easier and better :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012