Thursday 28 May 2009

Happy Duan Wu Jie

**Non-Halal**

Today is Duan Wu Jie aka Rice Dumpling Festival. Those who are celebrating this festival, Happy Duan Wu Jie to you and your family.

Should you feel like having some luxurious abalone filled rice dumpling (bak chang), you can head on to Y E Traditional Dumplings. Perhaps you could try their healthier brown rice version.

If you're pressing for time or your favourite stall have ran out of rice dumplings, you can head on to supermarkets to find Kawan's mini alkaline rice dumplings (karn shui type) in the frozen department. I've tried their savoury version as well which is not too bad, halal too if not mistaken.


Technorati Tags: + + +

12 comments:

  1. Happy Duan Wu Jet 端午節! Just had a Cantonese style Zhong for breakfast. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested. http://sunflower-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/05/testing-testing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get 'bak chang' ranges from RM2.50 to RM4 each sold in Taman Connaught pasar malam. I'll blog on this soon...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Duan Wu Jie to you too! How I wish I can just go out and buy then I can have different flavors of dumplings to eat. I made bak chang this year but not salty enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish you the same too sunflower

    FOODnTRAVELla, welcome to the world of food blogging

    LCOM, dat makes us so lazy to make our own bak chang... hope the skills of making them wont die off

    thanks nomadgourmand, pssssttt no association please!!!! thanks... i wished to remain anonymous for some reasons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harlow.. Luvlee dumplings .. Cnt get enuf of em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy. I've only had one so far this year. I feel incomplete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go for one every two weeks or so when I need a fix. Not too bad here. RM3.50.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks nomad gourmand

    :D how many you guys downed oredi, c&c?

    aiks have more then, luckily we can get them all year round now, LL

    ethnic, you sounds like a big fan

    ReplyDelete
  10. whops, definitely late but still, hope you had a good duan wu jie, babe_kl! i'm missing the rice dumplings already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks nic, wish you the same too :p albeit late

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012