Tuesday 21 April 2009

Simple Fish Noodles

Fish Noodle Soup

A lot of times, cooking can be a simple affair especially when there are a lot of ready made ingredients available either in the wet markets or supermarkets. There's a stall in the wet market near home that sells assorted ingredients made out of fish paste. A lot of people crowd around this stall grabbing ingredients for their steamboats. Best part about this kinda stalls is one can just grab a few pieces of this and that, mixing and matching what one would preferred rather than getting a whole packet of ingredient.

So what I did was, I grabbed some fish tofu and other ingredients. I also got some ready made fresh pan meen from the same stall. I moved on to the fish stall and got some red snapper fillet which I just cleaned and slice them thickly. Marinaded the fish slices with some salt and shallots oil.

Cook the noodles in a big pot of water. Remove and place them in individual bowl once they're al dente.

In a separate saucepan, just boil some water for the broth. Once boiled, add in the fish slices. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. The fish slices is sufficient to create a tasty broth. Then add on the rest of the ingredients plus some vege. Drizzle in either shallots oil or garlic oil. Do not cook this too long, I reckoned all in it took me right about 15mins. Scoop the broth and ingredients onto the noodles and scatter some deep fried shallots on top. Give the bowl a dash of white pepper and serve immediately.

Simple, tasty and best of all MSG free. Easy peasy eh?


Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for a nutritious and healthy meal.I will get some fish past and fish slices for my dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012