Friday 10 October 2008

Orange Marbled Cake

Let's begin by me telling Skinny Mum and Family First thank you so much. Skinny Mum said my blog converted her family to love mooncakes and the simple recipes suited her new found interest - cooking. Family First gave Babe in the City - KL an award for being one of the coolest blog in her list. *sobs* I sincerely thank you both for these... reading two mentions in one morning could be a little overwhelming heh :p

Apologies to Family First, Nigel and Ciki for not participating and continuing with your meme/tag/award. I've mentioned sometime back that I'm not very fond of these, and at one point it was hard but I managed that very emo one. So thanks but no thanks.

Back to today's post... I just improvised on my Marbled Cake recipe and came out with this one, Orange Marbled Cake. Just need to substitute the milk with orange juice. On top of that, grated zest of an orange. The orange smell and taste was unbelievable. I was glad it made somebody's kid happy :p that day.

Orange Marbled Cake

Please excuse for the look of the cake. The crack was caused by putting too much batter into the loaf pan. I've read that to prevent that, you'll need to fill the pan half-way through and not any more.

Do soak the orange in hot water for a while to remove the wax off its skin. Errr for double security reason, I tend to give it a brush as well haha. Wash off with more hot water and wipe dry before zesting. I do this with my lemons too.


Technorati Tag:

10 comments:

  1. wow babe...the cake looks really good (yes, despite the little crack! Haha).. I love this kind of cake.. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love eating mine cold.. straight from the fridge.. is that weird?! haha.. too many midnite snacks.. that's why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're all getting very creative!!~
    Orange marble cake is a nice idea...and don't bother about the cracks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good! Am salivating already.

    Have a nice weekend anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the evenly browned top of the cake... and your orange marbled idea. will try it out soon.
    thanks for the link, and do have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks superheroes

    ciki, it's perfectly normal :p

    christy, its not my idea actually, i've read it somewhere

    thanks jess

    wish you success skinnymum

    LCOM, yes indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks yummy! Must try it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, the cake texture looks soo nice...so fluffy and buttery...

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun pure glutton :D

    fbb, of course lorrr golden churn ma :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012