Monday 20 October 2008

Review: Chilli Pan Meen at Restoran Super Kitchen

**Non-Halal**

Just a quickie here today as I'm terribily busy with work. Updates will be sporadic.

My parents took me here one evening during the Raya holidays, whilst the Muslims balik kampung to celebrate, I actually balik kampung too for that week hehehe... a great change indeed as there are so many new eating places mushrooming in Kepong.

My mom thot this place is the same as her friend's Ah Peng place (Restoran Kin Kin) as she saw the Batu Road on the signage, little does she knew that this place was operating opposite Kin Kin in Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman 1. As I browse thru the menu, I knew it's not a branch of Kin Kin. This place have a few types of pan meen other than the dry style. Dad had curry version which the soup is rich and laden with steamed chicken, brinjal, long beans and tofu puff. Don't think got blood cockles though.

Mom and I have the dry style pan meen that came with minced meat, crunchy deep fried anchovies (ikan bilis), a few slices shitake mushroom and a poached egg (RM6.00). The bottle of chilli flakes are right there on the table, all yours for as much as you like to spoon onto your noodles. Whilst I like the al dente noodles texture but the chilli flakes lacked of that fiery oommphh. I spooned in at least 4 heapful but still lacked that zing unlike Kin Kin where I need to exercise caution. It's not pleasant to have a stomach on fire the whole afternoon heh.

Super Kitchen - chili pan meen

The sui kow (dumplings) was pretty good though, plump with fillings with minced pork, carrots and black fungus which have a slight sesame seeds oil flavour.

Super Kitchen - sui kau

Decided to put this up after reading Simon, Mimi and Nic's posts :p


Restoran Super Kitchen
Jalan Metro Perdana 8
Taman Usahawan Kepong,
Kuala Lumpur

(Just look for HSBC)

14 comments:

  1. Just tried this at its TAR road shop. Think I prefer this. Better service and less chance of choking on the level of hotness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.. i miss chili pan mee so much.. Baba, can you please send one over ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have it at kota damansara, dataran sunway too! some people don't like it.. but I LOVE IT! I add the chilli till it's redder than red. I stop only when I am happily numb:P mwahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kin Kin too far for me..i will try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, such an honour to be mentioned by you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tummy, i totally agree, better service and nicer environ, unlike kin kin, i think their serving might be a bit bigger too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dumpling good eh? Must try next time :)

    PS: Thanks for the link ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha yeah but not enuff chilli power though for me, tummythoz

    jin hooi, can make yr own?

    the noodles are all right ciki but chilli no oommpphh :p

    pea, they hv it at other locations near you, check simon/nic site

    eh simon, dun say like dat :p

    deric, you tried at jln TAR?

    no problem mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't tried this version yet. Shall keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's a little bit of trivia:

    Super Kitchen also has a branch directly opposite Kin Kin in Chow Kit. In fact I think it may even be the original branch.

    Their version of the chili pan mee is 90% similar to Kin Kin's with way better service and comfort levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have never been there! But the photo looks so delicious! Must give it a try! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. hv u tried kin kin, jason?

    wyw jon, yes the one opp kin kin was their first. i heard they hv branches in sunway dsara n kota dsara

    foongpc, try the outlet nearest to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. i agree with you on chili have to be good for us malaysians. its just like chicken rice, no matter how sedap but w/o good chili, it just cannot make it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012