Monday 4 February 2008

Nigella's American Breakfast Pancakes

I've made this pancake for my boiboi's breakie during my detox period. I decided to try this recipe from Nigella Lawson's How To Be A Domestic Goddess cos it looked super easy. Just blitz all ingredients in a blender!!! She mentioned that this recipe will yield thick and spongy pancakes BUT it's totally different when I made mine... sigh... could it be the ingredients again? Most likely huh since I've used low-fat milk instead of full cream milk. The pancake is thin and its not exactly fluffy. Tastewise, it's actually quite all right. I've used Jamie Oliver's recipe (ehhh I realised I didn't blog about it, lemme find the pic first) before this which turned out perfectly, errr just that it's a wee bit troublesome of beating egg whites separately before folding into the batter proper. I guess one could never be lazy to churn out good stuff eh???

Pancakes, Nigella's recipe


American Breakfast Pancake

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 1/3 cups milk
butter for frying

Blitz all ingredients in a blender or mix batter by hand in a bowl, make a well in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; beat in the eggs, melted butter and milk. Transfer to a pitcher which is easier to pour the batter into the pan. Leave for 20 mins before using.

Cook till the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling before flipping over to cook the second side and this needs only about 1 minute.

Ref: How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson, page 77


Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. yumm yummm =) crepes.. is it made using a similar recipe? anyways, thx for sharing =)hugsss

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was hoping that you'll include the strawberry salsa-like topping nigella did on her show...hehehe...the one where she mixed the chopped strawberries with a dash of vinegar. niways, still looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I selalu buat pancake for breakie for my kiddies. I didnt follow anyone's recipe. Just campur this and that. Always separate the dry and wet ingredient first. So far so good lah. Kalau extra malas, I just cheat and used the pancake mixture from the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, i dont like pancakes to be too "fluffy", or it'll be like a waffle. u sure she said blender and not food processor? coz i think blenders dont emit as much wind, (air) compared to food processors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. raising mercury, i doubt crepes shares the same recipe

    nic, dun hv any of those on hand ler

    haha flower yeah one you get the gist no need use recipe eh? just like my mom

    thanks jason, same to u too

    fbb, i think its blender, lemme go back and check again

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should adjust your recipe. For 1 1/2 cup flour, I will use 3 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 egg, 1 1/4 cup of milk, 3 tbsp melted butter. Your recipe is too heavy on the eggs. You may not want to blend it. Rather, just beat with whisk. Mine works fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks reese

    fbb, i checked and nigella calls for a blender

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012