Friday 29 October 2004

Indulgence!!!

Each time after working out at the gym, on my way home, I need to pass by delicious glass counters containing beautiful & sinful cakes, did I mention SINFUL??? Arrghhh, it's completely insane to have worked out and then minus it off by getting my hands on these lovely & delicious cakes, did I mention SINFUL??? :p haha I have to say it's indulgence definitely!!! Gosh, help me!

Awww most time the cakes will melt my heart and they'll be screaming "Take me home! Take me home!" **GULP**

Worst of all, these lovely, did I mention SINFUL??? goodies are off 50% after 8pm or was it 7pm. Gee I can't recall now cos they keep on changing the time.

Lemme see which one shall I intro first... OK how about this yummy looking Blueberry Muffin. Always buy this or the Banana Muffin for my boiboi. He loves them and gets delighted when he sees the cake box. The texture is dense and it has lots of sticky blueberries in it. I like it best after zapping in the microwave oven for a few secs (nothing more than 10 secs, else it will turn out rock hard).



Next up is the Chocolate Brownie. It's my mom's fave. Very very dense texture, filled with walnuts and chocful (pun intended) of chocolate taste.



This round, its my first time seeing a plain Chocolate Cake signage there. Don't look anything special but I though, what the heck... The chocolate ganache is very very smooth. Thank goodness they used semi bitter chocolates and not milk chocolates. Yummmm...



I've always fancied their Strawberry Cheesecake. Its just plain cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries. However, it was not available this round. Opted for a Marbled Cheesecake instead. Hmmm lots of new flavours these days eh...

Hey, I think I got cheated! How can the marbled effect just on top of the cake qualify this cake to be named Marble Cheesecake??? Duhhhh... but nevermind, its the taste that counts. As always, their cheesecake is always very very rich. Can never eat one whole piece in one sitting. Usually will share a piece around with family members.



This is Fruit Flan but it doesn't look like one I usually find at normal bakeries. Its layered vanilla sponge cake topped with lots of chopped fresh fruits. I like this one. Very light and the fruits combination on top is fantastic to cut out the richness of the cream sandwiched in between the sponge.



All these yummy cakes can be found at Tempts Coffee House, New World Renaissance Hotel. They have pastries, breads and sandwiches too.

Tempts Coffee House
New World Renaissance Hotel
Ground Floor, New World Wing
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: (603) 2162 2233 Fax: (603) 2163 1122
Email: sales@renaissance-kul.com
http://www.renaissance-kul.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012