Wednesday 9 July 2008

Shallots and Lemongrass Soup

During my recovery period, I was sort of on a confinement basis, not overly strict but I was fed with lots of hot soup and tonics to boost my health and keep my body warm. Since I have a heaty body, too much of these goodies landed me in "hot soup" literally a couple of days back. Some how I caught a viral fever then came the cough and sore throat. As if not enough, I'm getting a cold now!

Anyway, I will post up some of the food and soups that I have taken during my recovery, well, just for the records and for those who are interested to know what kinda of food people on confinement take.

One of the soup I drank was this Shallots and Lemongrass Soup. Simply boil a big handful of smashed shallots, a couple sticks of lemongrass, chicken carcass and some white peppercorns for a couple of hours. Drink whilst its hot. This soup induces lots of heat and it's not pleasant in the hot weather. I was perspiring buckets after drinking this!

Lemongrass and Shallots Soup

Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

  1. too hot! too cold! eek.. i never know wots wot! however, if i wanna sweat, i know now what to drink! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah its a very very good remedy for cold and 'angin' ..used to fart like crazy whenever i take this :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this soup. I had this during my confinement too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i didn't know that. haha. Interesting note to file away for future use...

    ReplyDelete
  5. cumi&ciki, i've no idea too but i had to down them by order of the Queen!

    kampungboycitygal, gee i never knew you can drink this outta confinement period. won't you get heaty drinking this???

    ;-) belacan

    am sure this will come in handy pretty soon ;-) daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to take this soup when I was underwent the confinement. one of the wind expel soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm.. my mom used to cook this occasionally to the family..LOL. Confinement or not , it's delicious and whole family will have bowls of it :-D

    Great recipe for winter too! Definitely in my collection! Thanks again for the memories!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012