Thursday 17 July 2008

Review: CANTON-i at 1 Utama

**Non-Halal**

Tucked near TGIF/Burger King, Canton-i can be easily missed out if not for those yummilicious looking roast meats that hung up on the rack right beside the entrance. You can see the chef chopping up plates and plates of roast meat like char siu, siew yuk, roast duck etc. Canton-i is the Cantonese sister of Dragon-i which is of Shanghainese cuisine in nature.

Looking narrow on the outside, I was surprised to be brought to the back of the restaurant where it opens up. However, the tables were placed very very close to one and another. It can be rather uncomfortable, plus it's not so convenient to snap photos in secret hahaha luckily I was just using my mobile for that. Well, in actual fact, not only that, I can virtually hear the conversation next table!

Anyway, here was what hubby ordered... fresh noodles (sang meen or usually known as wantan noodles) with char siu and siew yuk. I had a slice of the siew yuk and it was really yummy. Crunching on the crispy skin was delectable indeed.

CI - char siu and siew yuk noodles

I asked for the usual char siu and wantan (meat dumplings) with fresh noodles. I loved the bouncy noodles and the gravy for the dry version, just the way wantan mee should be like. The char siu was nice but since I'm greedy, I would say there are too few slices served hehe..

CI - char siu and wantan noodles

I ordered siew mai and egg tarts for my boiboi to snack on. The siew mai is packed with solid meat and fresh crunchy prawns which my boiboi ate 3 up!

CI - siew mai

Now, I have to say that these egg tarts are absolutely gorgeous! The pastry is flaky and crispy whilst the egg custard is wobbly, creamy and eggy. They're simply out of this world!

CI - mini egg tarts

This is one place that we will definitely return for more... which I'm sure my boiboi would love too.

CI - yumyum


CANTON-i
G-208 Ground Floor
1 Utama Shopping Mall
No. 1 Lebuh Bandar Utama
Bandar Utama, Damansara
Tel: 603-7729 7888

Technorati Tags: +

13 comments:

  1. Oh! Torturing me with the close up of the egg tart. Where can I get some now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. too little siew yok...not enough lah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Star just gave a write-up on this place yesterday :D

    I think you did a better write-up especially with the roast pork :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the char siew .. and the wanton.. but no thanks to that fatty siew yuk. .muahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah.. that egg tart!!!! looks really really tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. porky and more porky.. this is definitely my kinda of shop..*salivating*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this place and just read review in the papers too. Now, your blog. Hmmm it is a sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! can tell ur son loves it:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops sorry allaboutattitude :p

    mimi, ya ya i agree too hahaha

    thanks pablo, must check the papers

    just bite off those fatty bits lor mamabok, haha i always do dat :p

    daphne, these eggtarts are really good but too tiny :p

    ;-) yozora

    good luck paprika :D

    yes it is mike!

    cumi&ciki, he really enjoyed the tart :p

    twosuperheroes, when are you gonna fly there to try them???

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, those egg tarts are just great! Can i share those photos and put up at www.ezymeal.com forum?

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes melvin, just remember to credit them.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012