Wednesday 2 July 2008

Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

The weekend before I got admitted to hospital, I made a batch of Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies from another of my fave book under Page One Publishing, 500 Chocolate Delights by Lauren Floodgate. I got a jar for Yozora but they all got eaten up by hubby whilst I was in the hospital. Will make up with Yozora with another batch soon *promised* as she gave me some of her delish Banana Oatmeal Cookies yesterday. They're of the soft kind and tasted special cos it has a wonderful banana aroma that I loved.

The Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies are of the soft and chewy type... healthy too since the recipe needed less than 3 tbsp of oil and only one egg. As usual, my count of chocolate chips, raisins and hazelnuts (kar liew - something additional to the recipe) were extraordinary more than stated in the recipe made these cookies tasted, errrmmm, well fantabulous! If you love soft and chewy cookies, this recipe is definitely for you to keep, well don't just keep, bake a batch or two or more!

Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

(A)
85g plain flour, sifted
40g self-raising flour, sifted
28g porridge oats
2 tsp baking powder
55g light brown sugar
55g caster sugar

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp sunflower oil
40g raisins
85g plain chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 190C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, combine ingredients A. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and vanilla. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined (I've used a spatula to mix, easy peasy, something I learnt from watching Sugar).

Slowly add in the oil to the mixture, beating well between each addition, until the mixture start to comes away from the sides of the bowl - you may not need to use all the oil (I think I've used 2.5 tbsp of oil only.)

Stir in raisins and chocolate chips (and the nuts if using). Divide cookie dough into 12 - 15 portions and roll into balls. Place balls well spaced apart and flatten the dough slightly with the back of the spoon. (I did this by scooping and dropping the dough with 2 spoons. Worked just as well.)

Bake for 12 - 15 mins until pale golden. Store in air-tight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.

Ref: 500 Chocolate Delights by Lauren Floodgate

Chocolate & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies - closeup


Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

  1. We hope you are recoverying and better now, do take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. those cookies looks absolutely yummilicious....thank you in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah! so little oil? That's a healthy cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. munch crunch! melts in ur mouth not in ur hand! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks BBO

    no problem yozora, shld be coming your way soon

    ;-) daphne

    haha cumi&ciki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so yummy! Cookies are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012