Monday 30 October 2006

Stir-fried Sambal Long Beans

Darn this post was meant for last week, so here we go again... *keep fingers crossed*

----------------------

Just when the sky turned blue and the air is free from haze, blogger decided to go down, well, for maintenance that is - which is a good thing, hence there was no update yesterday. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and everything is safe and sound.

This is a quick filler post... a simple stir-fry dish that could be done in a jiffy. I still have some sambal left behind after the Fried Sambal Beehoon, just enough for a small portion of stir-fry vegetables. I supposed long beans would be a better choice for such stir-fry, other than four angle beans and petai.

Just need to pour in some oil in the wok. Scoop in the sambal and fry till fragrant. Next add in a few limau purut (kaffir lime) leaves which are excellent to lend some ommpphhh to sambal dishes. Add in the long beans and quickly stir to coat them with the sambal. Sprinkle a wee bit of water to cook the long beans. Give the long beans some good stirring and dish up. The sambal I've used is salty enough, hence no salt was needed. Serve hot with plain white rice.

stir-fried sambal long beans

Technorati Tags: +

8 comments:

  1. i always love long beans, especially home cooked long beans! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PabloPabla, I usually like my long beans crunchy well unless I cook the one pot rice

    nice huh meiyen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should know better than to come visit your blog before lunch hour - now my tummy is growling so loudly!

    Haha.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe,

    I know what you mean...Blogger has been playing up in recent weeks and I was so frustrated as I kept getting the same error page! Gaaaaahhhh...welcome back posting, beans look crunchy and yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor J, hope you had a good lunch

    Yeah Bee Yinn... very frustrating. Hope everything is back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks really good! man am hungry already :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor sc, hope you had a good dinner

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012