Tuesday 17 October 2006

Peachy Cheesecake

peach cheesecake01


By far this is the yummiest and easiest cheesecake I've ever made hahaha well not that I've made that many in the first place. Thumbs up from all guinea pigs.

PEACHY CHEESECAKE

Crust:
150g Digestive biscuit crumbs
110g unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
250g cream cheese, softened
50g caster sugar
50g dairy whipping cream
400g canned peaches, drained and blended into puree
1 1/2 tbsp gelatine powder
2 tbsp water

Crust: Combine digestive biscuit crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 7" (18cm) loose based pan. Chill in the fridge until firm.

Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream until smooth. Add in peach puree and mix well.

Mix gelatine powder with water, double-boiled till dissolved and mix into filling mixture. Pour onto crust and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.

Ref: Kelly Tang, 2005, Taste of Cold, Sweet Temptation, Yum Yum Publications Sdn Bhd

I find the melted butter was too much for 150g of crumbs, I had to add 2 more pieces of biscuits to have a less soggy crust. Else, everything was fine. Pictures were lousy even though taken in broad daylight due to hazy skies, duh!

peach cheesecake02

Technorati Tags:

12 comments:

  1. Since this wan no need the oven, I've just printed it out and will ask wifey to try make it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa babe, i am going to try this recipe once i have da time cause your cheesecake looks so so so yummy!!!!! wish me luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh you cant make for her meh, PabloPabla?

    tummythoz, yes this cheesecake is indeed yummy

    only occasionally beeyinn

    meiyen, yours should turn out beautifully too since this recipe is super easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more of the stir-fry type. My wifey is better with cakes and cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah ...again i can not stand la ..
    when you going to belanja me makan ah ...

    the cook really good looking as the cake shop man ...

    you are really "geng"

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a team PabloPabla! wished hubby could cook for me haha

    bearyip, u look at the pics lor then imagine how they would taste like :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi babe,
    I wanted to try out this recipe too, may i know what is gelatine powder??

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jade,
    You can find gelatine powder at baking supply shops or the baking section of any supermarts. Gelatine powder is a tasteless, odorless, almost colorless mixture of proteins that dissolves in hot water, but becomes a jelly when cooled, holding the water in a rubbery suspension. It's usually made from bovine's collagen found in the bones and cartilage. You can read more here http://www.ochef.com/909.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Babe,

    Thanks for your information... :) I will go look see look see this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi babe_KL, thank you so much for sharing this recipe. It saved me a lot of time as I was getting so stressed out on what cake to make for my bday.

    Btw, the 1.5TBSP gelatine powder added with 2TBSP water was rather too thick. It was not stirrable at all. Did you have the same problem?So I added about 5TBSP water and in the end only used 2 TBSP of the mixture in the cake. Was a bit panicky as to whether this will affect the texture of the cake. But luckily, everyone esp hubby who tired it liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012